what is wrong with my cobra?????

venom04svt

Established Member
Well to start off I'm deployed to Afghanistan so my cobra is garaged at home till I get back..its been there since April. I knew it was gonna be setting and only started ever once in a while since i'm gone so i added some fuel stablizer to the fuel. No problems the first few times it was started, till this past time. Its sat for about a month and a half without being started till this past weekend. It fired up right away but runs like total shit...won't idle, bellowing black smoke...that turns to blue then back to black..you can tell its skipping horrendously doesn't want to tack up..you can hear it clean out a lil likes its super flooding or something...I'm tryin to upload a vid of it that was sent to me. Could the fuel stabilzer be causing this? its a 110 race fuel in it with the race tune still uploaded. The battery went dead while its been sitting..could it have dumped the tune? I hardly believe it could have did that? could the plugs have fouled? I have no clue whats causing this...

[ame=http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/blk04svtcobra/?action=view&current=100_0867.flv]
th_100_0867.jpg
[/ame]

Fat-cat

Established Member
STOP DOING THAT NOW lol.. **** me the race gas is gone bad i think..... and its not igniting properly. Sounds like pre ignition due to the loud almost back fire sound ever time you give it gas.. dropp the tank drain it.. put the street tune in and see what happens on pump gas.. thats where i would start.

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
i agree and no the tune won't drop because of a battery disconnect, I've asked that question to tuners already, lol. Dump it and throw some 93ocatne, then upload your 93 tune. BTW welcome back, I just got back from Afghanistan, Camp Eggers for life!

venom04svt

Established Member
i agree and no the tune won't drop because of a battery disconnect, I've asked that question to tuners already, lol. Dump it and throw some 93ocatne, then upload your 93 tune. BTW welcome back, I just got back from Afghanistan, Camp Eggers for life!

I'm still here..i'm in Bagram... I have a fore hat with braided fuel lines with AN fittings up to the filter..it can be unhooked from there and drained using the pumps...

venom04svt

Established Member
STOP DOING THAT NOW lol.. **** me the race gas is gone bad i think..... and its not igniting properly. Sounds like pre ignition due to the loud almost back fire sound ever time you give it gas.. dropp the tank drain it.. put the street tune in and see what happens on pump gas.. thats where i would start.

it was only being reved to 2k... it has bbk longtubes..offroad x and slp lm1's...the bitch is loud as hell anyways...

hoofbeat

Established Member
Stupid question maybe, did you follow the instructions on the Sta-Bil bottle? I store my car every winter had a problem like yours the first year i stored my car and found out the gas had broken down.After i drained the tank and re filled with 93 oct. it was o.k.

945LSTANG

Established Member
i would try draining the tank first, as was previously stated.

btw...around 1:23 in the video, the car starts blowing smoke rings. i thought it was kind of cool. haha

cobracide

Established Member
After you drain the tank - put some dry gas in the tank. There may have been some moisture that got in there. Change the fuel filter too.

Flad

Wanting
Established Member
Damn, sounds like a top fuel funny car.
wish I had some advice, but not sure whats wrong. I would start with the fuel

Users who are viewing this thread