what is this?

bobbyj

Established Member
2wfqx03.jpg

I bought my car used and most cars have a line connected here on the intake that goes back into the cab. mine is blocked off. why would someone block it off? ive searched the forum and couldnt find anything on this. sorry if this is a repeat question. thank you

Dave_6

Established Member
It's just a sound tube. Doesn't serve any purpose other than sending intake 'noise' into the cabin. Most owners delete them (like I did) because they are ugly.

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
Previous owner removed the tube piping the intake sound into the cabin and capped it off.

bobbyj

Established Member
oh okay thank you guys i appreciate the info. seems like a pointless part to put on the car lol. waste of money from ford

mikestoyz

Established Member
It was a novel item. I guess it made it appear the exhaust was louder than it was in the cabin under hard acceleration.
Decent idea, bad engineering.

scott_0

Established Member
one of Ford's dumber ideas over the years IMO, deleted mine less than a week into ownership

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Yeah ill agree it was a waste of money for ford. Hope they get rid pf it for the 2015

bobbyj

Established Member
First i have heard about this lol, Thanks for posting OP.

not a problem, im glad everyone else knew what it was lol. i recently bought this car and am trying to learn as much as possible. my first mustang

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
This was a direct result, I would imagine, of the car being so damn quiet from the factory. Had they put a decent set of mufflers on, like GT500s, they would never have needed to resort to a gimmick.

Mike

KYSVT

Banned
Anyone remember what size/type plugs/caps they used to delete this? Thanks

Last edited:

cuzracecar

Established Member
Ford did it cuz the number one complaint during the cars demo was people couldn't hear the motor cuz the cars cab was so air tight, that people were killing the cars (manuals only) and the number one with the auto was the throttle response delay.

KYSVT

Banned
Anyone remember what size/type plugs/caps they used to delete this without me going to the garage to look? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread