what is this about MAC LT?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Damn thats an old thread. It sounds like BS to me. Never heard of these problems with Terminator motors, have any of you?
-J

WhippleCharged Sonic

Screwed, Blued & Tattooed
Established Member
Back in the day their was weld slag or something that would get sucked back into the motor....probably through the EGR. It would totally toast an engine. It was happening on '99 and '01s too. MAC has since cleaned up their act a little and deliver some pretty good quality mods. Postban saw mine up close..they aren't too shabby.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Brents did look good, was surprised when I saw negative remarks about them on MM.

I guess this sums up that thread;

Fourcam330 said:
Mike, I remember hearing the scavenging theory, but I think the real reason was excess welding material coming loose and being recycled through the motor via the EGR. In any case, I'll never put a MAC product on anything I own.

They looked good to me. I would use them.

Nevermind, it was too late to read it all last night. Too tired from wrenching to see that it was weld slag instead of some "over-scavenging" thing which is what I was concerned with.

Jpjr

Established Member
i'll never use another mac product. not because their parts are bad, actually all of my stuff from them has been very high quality. unfortunately it just hasn't been what i ordered.. piss poor customer service with no concern at all for other people's time.

Users who are viewing this thread