What is the X-PLAN????

F8LSNK04

Established Member
I have seen the term X plan in lots of the ford websites, but that it's only valid for New Cars.... How much of a discount is it off of a Cobra, what exactly is it, and who on here used it for their purchase? Thanks

Fn'sh!t^

93svt 4 me !!
Established Member
Here is what I have from my employer regarding X Plan. I do not know what the discount would be for the cobra, but this would give you an idea. edit: This list is a couple years old but it still gives you a ballpark figure.

What is the X-Plan?

Ford employees are entitled to an A-Plan, in which a Ford Motor Company vehicle can be purchased below the "Dealer Invoice" (what the dealer paid Ford for the vehicle), which, naturally, is well under the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (or "Sticker Price"). The X-Plan is the next best level: the A-Plan price plus 4 percent, which still results in the vehicle's cost to you being below the Dealer Invoice amount. Even the best of negotiators couldn't expect to achieve such savings from a dealership.

Active **** employees, retirees and their spouses in the United States and Canada are entitled to purchase or lease two vehicles per year through the X-Plan.

All eligible retail incentives, such as rebates, can still be applied to X-Plan purchases.

Since the dealer must show you the Invoice and A-Plan Prices, there's no haggling over what you'll pay for the vehicle.

Ford Motor Company vehicles that are not eligible under the X-Plan, such as the Jaguar and Aston Martin lines and the new Thunderbird, are usually not eligible under the A-Plan to Ford Motor Company employees as well.

Used vehicles, including dealer demonstrators, are not eligible.

Trade-in allowances are not covered by this program and must be negotiated with the dealership.

All leases under this program must be obtained through the respective brand's credit source.

X-Plan Savings Examples (all vehicles are 2001 model year)

Ford Mustang GT Convertible:
Suggested Retail Price: $28,110; Dealer Invoice: $26,002; X-Plan Price: $25,782. Savings: $2,328 + any incentives

Ford Explorer Sport 4x4
Suggested Retail Price: $29,190; Dealer Invoice: $26,692; X-Plan Price: $26,320. Savings: $2,870 + any incentives

Ford F250 4x4 Supercab Pickup
Suggested Retail Price: $36,445; Dealer Invoice: $32,339; X-Plan Price: $31,935. Savings: $4,510 + any incentives

Lincoln LS V8
Suggested Retail Price: $40,275; Dealer Invoice: $37,295; X-Plan Price: $37,262. Savings: $3,013 + any incentives

Mercury Cougar V6
Suggested Retail Price: $20,250; Dealer Invoice: $18,935; X-Plan Price: $18,605. Savings: $1,645 + any incentives

Mazda Miata (Mazda's program is called the S-Plan)
Suggested Retail Price: $25,060; Dealer Invoice: $22,881; S-Plan Price: $22,595. Savings: $2,465 + any incentives

Volvo S40 Sedan (Volvo's X-Plan program is A-Plan rate + 2%)
Suggested Retail Price: $27,802; X-Plan Price: $26,414. Savings: $1,388 + any incentives

Land Rover Discovery II
Suggested Retail Price: $39,795; X-Plan Price: $37,080. Savings: $2,715 + any incentives

Last edited:

Tru_Ice

Banned
Talked to a dealer about 3 months ago for a silver cobra, and he said w/ the A-Plan it would 31k, so I'm assuming X-Plan would be about 34k.

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
Originally posted by Tru_Ice
Talked to a dealer about 3 months ago for a silver cobra, and he said w/ the A-Plan it would 31k, so I'm assuming X-Plan would be about 34k.
around 33000 is the number

Users who are viewing this thread