What is the worst beater you ever had

IllCobra

Established Member
1994 4 cyl Chevy S10 5-speed. Reliable as hell for it's age and miles but god awful slow. I hated red lights cause that meant putting it in 1st gear. Poor thing didn't have enough power to take off in 2nd, and took it a while to get up to speed.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
I had a 63 Falcon that I paid $100 for ( this was 1980’s Tucson Az) it was missing the front drivers fender, drank a quart of oil a week and the slushbox slipped more than Hilly answering questions about emails.The tranny gave up the ghost on the way home from work one day and I managed to get it on the side walk where it sat for a few hours until I got my future sister in law to tow it to her parents house.
I sold it to my future bro in law for $50 and a 1/4 ounce of green bud and he put the 6 cyl in his 63 ecoline and it ran for a few years

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

gasyone

Put Her In Jail!
Established Member
A Geo Metro.... 3cyc car...felt like Fred Flinstone trying to get it to go.....

ESVEETEE

Established Member
It's my current beater.

1988 Honda CRX
VX civic engine swap / HF crx trans swap
I did the engine and trans and they're flawless for their intended purpose.

The car gets 44 mpg driving it hard, 53 driving it easy.

No A/C. No heat. No radio. The previous owner installed ebay coilovers that are shit. It rides like a suspension-less go kart.

I see my coworkers driving cars that are less than 10 years old all the way up to brand new and think WTF am I doing?

But I don't pay a car payment and I drive 100 miles a day.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I bought a Toyota Starlette when I was in high school. It was a couple hundred bucks. My friends and I used it like a good cart / 4 wheeler. I never insured or registered it.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
615291325_bafbbe0bee.jpg

1972 Datsun B210. I was a mechanic for a living in the '70's. Customer brought his in, it needed a head gasket. He gave it to me for what time I had into it. I taught my then wife how to drift on snow covered roads in that car.

Pic is not actual car but a close representation. Same color and all just had a ton of rust on mine.

Users who are viewing this thread