What is the widest tire I can fit?

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
Yeah...fix that :poke:

I'm not worried about that to much. Rack limiters will solve that problem. I'm worried about the tire striking the fender lip and jacking up my paint. It's close. My car is also lowered. In fact, I lifted it with lowering springs.

its on my list for this winter. i just picked up some 5/16 spacers at lunch yesterday so i can quit rubbing my springs for now...

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Ok, so the 275's "Fit" but I'll probably go 255 when I order new tires. They do rub when turned to the lock, but what concerns me more is how close they are to the outside of the fender. They are CLOSE. I may leave them on there for a bit to see if it causes a problem, but I wouldn't recommend anyone try them right now.

93sspcoupe

Established Member
what do you guys mean by "roll the inner fenders"??? or massage the fenders??

beat the inner fender with a big f***ing hammer and roll the outter fender lip so the tires dont rub, cause as we all know you cant fit a big tire on a fox without some moddification

93LX50

THE PUNISHER
Established Member
beat the inner fender with a big f***ing hammer and roll the outter fender lip so the tires dont rub, cause as we all know you cant fit a big tire on a fox without some moddification

ten-fo on that
just be carefull when rolling the fender lips, the paint can pop easily

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I forgot to mention...I'm running a 99 spindle. This solves one problem, but causes another. Because it widens my track width in the front, my tires don't rub on the inside (horray!), but for that same reason, they are perilously close to the fender lip. I used those spindles because the original plan was to put an MM k-member in before the car saw street duty...now that I'm going to put it back on the road before I get that K-Member, I'll be throwing 94-95 spindles on the car. We'll see what that does for my clearance issues. I have a feeling I'll be dropping back to a 255 tire, and using some rack limiters. The wheel weights on the insides of the 9" rim were just grazing the control arm at full lock before...with the narrower track width on the 94/95 spindles, they'll probably rub.

Users who are viewing this thread