What is the scariest movie you have ever seen?

Jack Burton

Established Member
I guess it depends on the age you were when you saw it...but, I know "IT" scared the hell out of me when I was a kid. I still hate clowns to this day :(

His Grace

Genesis 1:31
Established Member
I guess it depends on the age you were when you saw it...but, I know "IT" scared the hell out of me when I was a kid. I still hate clowns to this day :(

Honeystly, and weirdly, I admit that IT scared me. I was young, and could never be around a clown again till older.

I dont really watch scary movies any more, I guess I am one of those weak minded individuals, plus my wife wont go near one.

I am really curious to see how many people here thought that Exorcist was their number one scary movie. My friend has an old VHS and is always daring me to watch it.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
nothing "scary" per-se.

The only movie that has made me squirm was Final Destination 2 with the two chicks in the tanning beds.......... I absolutely HATE getting sunburns, and watching that sends chills down me spine.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
The Ring scared the piss outta me. 2nd one wasn't much better. The Omen (new one)was pretty freaky as well.

I haven't really watched any older ones, but I'm sure IT would scare me as well.

Oh, and I refuse to watch any spider movies because I'll likely never sleep again.

matab14

pop up and do less....
Established Member
IT got me as a kid too! Other than that I can't really think of much else!

Coiled03

Established Member
Gonna go old school and say the original Excorcist.

"IT" didn't scare me because the book was about 290843129784 times more scary than the movie.

His Grace

Genesis 1:31
Established Member
My coworker swears that it is the single most scariest movie ever made, due to it being based on an actual event.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
I've found a few movies that made me jump or scared me while I was watching them. The movies I find really scary are the ones that affect me even long afterwards.

As a kid, two movies really stood out to me: The Entity and The Amityville Horror.

^ Not only were those two movies scary on their own, but when I found out that they were based on true stories (loosely, but hey, I was a kid), that REALLY freaked me out, and had me afraid of the dark for some time.

EDIT: In case anyone's wondering, here's the true story "The Entity" was based from: http://www.ghosttheory.com/2009/05/18/the-entity-interview-with-doris-bithers-son

Last edited:

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
So the Exorcist wasnt anyones scariest?

That has to rank up there. :bowdown:

You haven't seen it? It's a true classic, a well made movie, that deserves to be seen- whether you like horror or not IMO.

I have to admit that the last minute of Paranormal Activity got me a little.

Mayo5

Established Member
When I was a kid: IT, Don't be afraid of the dark.

Now, not so much but there were a few that made me jump like Ringu, The Eye( Not shitty US remake), and [REC], and The Orphanage.

I generally think foreign studios do the horror genre much better than the US.

Del Toro is working on some awesome, awesome horror films and tv series. Don't be afraid of the dark, The Haunted Mansion, Frankenstein, and Pinnochio. Y'all should really check out his movies called: " The Devil's Backbone, and The Orphanage. It's more of an old school scare with tons of atmosphere.

Last edited:

03_SVT_Freak

Stirring the pot :D
Established Member
when i was a kid (around 8-9) and i lived with my parents, we lived about 300 yards from a one room church with a small cemetery and you could literally see the graves from my bedroom window. so my dad thought it would be funny to show me Night of the Living Dead one night on Halloween. didnt sleep for like 3 weeks!!

kaotic

Established Member
The Ring scared the piss outta me. 2nd one wasn't much better. The Omen (new one)was pretty freaky as well.

I haven't really watched any older ones, but I'm sure IT would scare me as well.

Oh, and I refuse to watch any spider movies because I'll likely never sleep again.

+1 on the omen but the original one. Just the music alone would creep me out as a kid,, even till the day.

Users who are viewing this thread