What is the difference between 94-95 wheels and 96-98?

MattSVTCobra

Established Member
im pretty sure that the "cups" in the wheels on the 96+ are painted and the ones on the 94-95 are just polished

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
My car... it's a 96:

4.jpg

Dano's car... it's a 95:

cbar9.jpg

sLOWDOHC's car.... it's a 98:

P1010184.jpg

Notice the difference?

Last edited:

Blu50Stang

Happiness is being blown
Established Member
Black70Stang said:
The 96-98 look better, IMO.

Can you paint the 94-95 to look like the 96-98?

You can paint the 94-95 wheels to look like the 96-97 wheels. Just look at the pics posted by Tabres and you'll know what you need to paint.

COBRASVT777

Established Member
Am i the only one who likes the Non Painted 94-95's? Those have always been my favorite wheels. However i have a 98 and i like those wheels too but i still like the 94 -95s best. :bowdown:

Wildpony

Established Member
The '98's are the only ones made for 1 year and look almost identical the '95 R model wheels that many people have switched to over the years.

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Come on, David ... those aren't '95 wheels - you must have painted them. Personally, I prefer the shiney '95 / '94 wheels. 2nd choice would be an all chrome wheel.

Dan

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Well, okay ... are they '96 / '97 wheels, or were they on the Cobra when you bought it. Thats really an anomaly LOL.

Dan

raven69david

Blown & Cammed
Established Member
Dano said:
Well, okay ... are they '96 / '97 wheels, or were they on the Cobra when you bought it. Thats really an anomaly LOL.

Dan
The car came with those wheels. The car originally belonged to a gentlemen in Austin. He was 52 when he bought it new. I was able to contact him about the car before purchasing it to ask him about it's history. I found an old insurance card in the car which is how i was able to locate him. I bought the car bone stock. Not one single mod had been done to it which is what attracted me to the car.

sLOWDOHC

Established Member
One of the reasons I wanted a 98 was the rims. Now Im kinda sick of looking at them, its annoying when every other mustang has them or the 95 R's... I love the 96-7 rims. I wouldnt mind having a set and getting the rears widened to 10" or so...:D

CY98Cobra

Established Member
you must be smokin crack. the 98 wheels are much better than the 96-7 wheels. i have a buddy that has an 02 mustang v6 and his stock wheels look like the 96-7 wheels.

94CobraPace

Established Member
Remember the 94 Cobra indy pace cars had the painted inserts, the gray is a little different shade & I thought the shiny surfaces were a little different.
94-rt1.JPG

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
sLOWDOHC said:
One of the reasons I wanted a 98 was the rims. Now Im kinda sick of looking at them, its annoying when every other mustang has them or the 95 R's... I love the 96-7 rims. I wouldnt mind having a set and getting the rears widened to 10" or so...:D

Man, I'd almost trade you my extra set for your 98's. I wouldn't feel right about doing it though... previous owner apparently didn't know how to drive and took a chunk out of the lip on one of them... IN TWO DIFFERENT SPOTS :cuss:

Users who are viewing this thread