What is the best way to drain procharger oil???

Erich

Established Member
I tried a plastic cup with disasterous results. Not sure what happened but the result was a face full of nasty oil. I think maybe the cup cracked or something.
How about an elegant method?
Erich

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
That is cool, but the price sucks..^

I used some old heater hose and connected it to the end of a plastic funnel which leads into an old coke bottle. I bend and snug the funnel right under the drain plug. Not the easiest way to do it but the cheapest for me..

TClark22

Established Member
i havnt figured this out either...lol its not the easiest plug to get to...

last time i drained it and changed the oil was when i was swaping pulleys so i had the head unit off anyway...thats the easiest way! lol

but the first time i changed it i put a piece of cardboard blocking the pulleys so they dont get soaked...then just unloaded it into a oil bucket. wasnt easy...and oil went everywhere.

wow shows how much i have driven it since the procharger...had it for just over a year and only have changed the oil in it 2 times.

Troyz R Us

Outlaw Division
Established Member
I've always just taken the head unit off...it's really simple and you won't make a mess. You should be able to take the head unit/bracket off in less than 15-20 minutes.

Erich

Established Member
The thing I dislike about taking the headunit off is that you start messing up the studs.
Erich

Users who are viewing this thread