? What is the best place to bolt an engine hoist to?

Quagmire

Established Member
Hey guys wanting to pull my engine later today or tom. Got a load leveler and 2 ton hoist, want to know where is the best place to bolt the chains too? Some pics would be nice too. Everything is off a/c compress p/s are hanging trans and wiring are out along with the blower and lower intake.

SlowSVT

Established Member
There are 2 large bolt holes at the end of each cylinder head near the exhaust ports. Thread bolts into there and you have a place to attach the hoist.

Quick Strike

Established Member
Had mine out and in twice as below (nice and even):

Cobra%20100704%20engine%20LT.jpg

Last edited:

Quagmire

Established Member
Thanks Guys hopefully it will be out tom and i can final see what is wrong!!!
I have kooks l/t and it seems its gonna be tight. Once i get it off the k member is there wiggle room to bypass those tricky ac lines and brake res?

Quick Strike

Established Member
You may be able to get them by with the load leveler. I could not without one, but I think my tubes are larger (1 7/8"). I had even removed the brake booster. I wound up removing the K, attaching the headers underneath and then replacing the K. You can remove the booster and master as a unit from the firewall by removing the brake arm inside, the bolt in the wheel well that holds the lines and the fasteners for the booster in the cabin. Then you can pull it forward and up out of the way on a towel.

Quagmire

Established Member
ya i have 1 5/8s lts, if worse comes to worse i will just get it up as high as i can and unbolt them, hopefully i can squeeze them by

1320 Junkie

Established Member
I HIGHLY recommend moving the Brake booster off to the side, other wise you will be fighting a losing battle unless u drop the K frame with the engine from the bottom.

Quagmire

Established Member
Well i would normally praise kooks headers, but when pulling an engine i have found it nearly impossible to remove engine without dropping k member when they are attach, and since you have to lower k member to install WHATS THE ****ING POINT> Car 2 Me 0, However my air compressor gets here tom and by by k member and hello tubular front end.

Users who are viewing this thread