What is the best IC pump?

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
Not sure what is the best IC pump. However, I would get a stock replacement.

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
My IC pump is failing - it's barely flowing now. My iat2s are through the roof. What is the best IC pump?

You sure you don't just have air in the system?? When I did my H/E install, I got air in my system and the water just trickled into the IC reservoir. Bled the air out, and its started flowing like beer on the weekend! :beer:

The Ford GT pump ($360) looks like it could be a direct bolt on with no modification. At least thats the way it appears in looking at it in pics next to a stocker. 7gpm flow over 3gpm flow.

gmynko

I like injecting people
Established Member
You sure you don't just have air in the system?? When I did my H/E install, I got air in my system and the water just trickled into the IC reservoir. Bled the air out, and its started flowing like beer on the weekend! :beer:

I thought about this as well: I blew through the res fill hole and got nothing but water coming thru the return hose. never had any bubbles. flushed the IC with a garden hose. tapped on the pump. etc.

If you have a link to bleeding the system, I'd love to see it.

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
I thought about this as well: I blew through the res fill hole and got nothing but water coming thru the return hose. never had any bubbles. flushed the IC with a garden hose. tapped on the pump. etc.

If you have a link to bleeding the system, I'd love to see it.

Jump the IC Relay and leave the cap off the reservoir for 10 minutes or so. If that doesn't do it, you might have to use the garden hose method

Last edited:

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
Good tip on the garden hose. I got mine system operating by blowing into the reservoir lid.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
Does anyone have any proof that you get much benefit from upping the flow rate?

Scout238

Eaton Poweredddddd!!!
Established Member
I would assume that once you get going too fast there isn't enough time to transfer heat... at least efficiency wise

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Its not about the efficacy of the mod, its about having the mod! :D
:lol1:

I don't think there's any question that increasing flow rate will improve heat transfer some, but how much? My concern is any possible damage that could occur from flowing an insane 20gpm instead of 3gpm. Do the benefits outweigh the additional electrical current and resultant load on the alt? I think the GT pump sounds like a good idea but it is my understanding that it is not a direct bolt-on replacement.

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
I would just put the stocker back on. Get it from Steve, it cost me 88.13 for a stock one.
It was 96.13 shipped to the door.

Part #7R3Z*8501*B, It lists for 160.00.

This is the same pump that the L,Cobra,GT500 have....

Users who are viewing this thread