What is the best cat back system

Kingcobramike

Established Member
Hey
i was wondering what everyone is running for exhaust? I dont know what i will use. the local muffler store said they would just do a magnaflow muffler and that would be fine. i dont know how that compares to cat backs though. any input will help and pics would be nice
thanks

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
I bought a Magnaflow x-pipe (2.5" in/2.5" out) and 2 Dynomax Race Bullets (16" long, 2.5" in/2.5" out, 4" across) I used my factory tips, and welded all the seams. All total I got less than $150 in parts and my friend at the local muffler shop welded and bent everything for a case of beer. Goto AutoZone or Parts America and order the parts. The local shop you already went to should be able to hook you up.

Not trying to take anything away from JDM's system at all, but for the amount of money I spent, I have more low end grunt and a lot better sound a cruising and especially at WOT (wide open throttle)

Nazgul

Black Rider
Established Member
I love my Bassani's. They are totally stainless steel, look great, easy to install and the sound is excellent!

However, they do not compare with crazy4ink's price at all.

lightningboy00

Established Member
:coolman: I went to my local muffler shop and he built me an x pipe (hes pretty good) and put on 2 shorty glass packs and reused the original tailpipes. It is really deep and rumbly, but not at all annoying on the freeway. Best part: $190.62 out the door installed, with a lifetime warranty.:burnout: :burnout:

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
None of them will give you much of a HP increase over the stock exhaust system. Ford did a nice job with the stock system.
But the different sound is def. worth the money. :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread