What is the average amount you would pay for a custom tune?

Speedwagon

Established Member
Not sure if I go ripped off or not. I just wanted to send this by you guys and get your thoughts. I paid $583 for a custom tune yesterday and thought that was a little excessive. If your a good tuner it souldnt take you 4 hours to do it.

Speedwagon

Established Member
Sorry.. Dyno tune. I originally had a email tune from Lund and had some issues. I went to a local shop and just wanted to have them do 3 pulls and some data logging so I could send results to Lund. What I got was the shops custom tune and a $583 bill.

AKDMB

Established Member
It can take a while to dial a car in if you are looking for great drivability and every last bit of hp from the Ti-VCT and ignition timing. Most shops are anywhere from $300-$600 for a dyno tune. Dyno time is just expensive period, a half day without tuning can easily be $400+.

KushBandit

Established Member
That doesn't sound too bad. I had a Chevy LSX truck I dyno tuned and most shops quoted me around $350 for a 4 hour dyno appointment and an additional $200-$250 to tune it.

I gotta think that's a Dyno Tune if he was sitting there for 4 hours.

-Pierce

I only ask because my past remote tuning sessions have usually been around 3-4 hours.

q6543

Established Member
Not bad at all, I called around for dyno tuning and got from 550 to 800 and a month or so lead time.

Rick14

Established Member
Not bad at all, I called around for dyno tuning and got from 550 to 800 and a month or so lead time.

I had a lund tune and couldn't pass inspection . Drove the car for 6 mos, agressive tune. Realspeed kept the car for a week, retuned the car with inspection. Put o2 extensions. Car is running great. Dan put a heluva alot of time into the car.

Rick14

Established Member
Forgot,
I have a custom 2013 Fastlane GT. Whipple 2.3l, JLT CAI, Ford racing throttle body, afco HEX, ARH with HO cats, roush boost a pump

Users who are viewing this thread