What is the advantage of aftermarket shifter (Tri-Ax)

jrh99

Established Member
You'd have to feel it to really know.
But I can tell you I'd NEVER go back to stock!
I've never used any other shifter, so I can't give a comparison... But the Tri-Ax is definitley good for about 20 horse.:thumbsup:

Nuclrslug

Kwality iz job won.
Established Member
General feel (you do get more noise). BUT the big differnece is the hard detent to the middle that helps you find 3rd from 2nd. Trust me, I smoked my 330Ci by slapping it into 2nd from 5th instead of 4th and side stepping the clutch. It is worth it. Check out my specs, I like my tri-ax.

mystic1

KB'd BITCH!!!!
Established Member
Yeah i would have to agree with everyone else. They just make the shifting feel more firm and direct. Now if you go with the MGW handle the possibilties for adjustment are endless. Makes it feel like the old hurst shifters very nice combo. I think it is a great investment for the money and on another note you know your not overshifting the car. The adjustments(stops)prevent this.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
A shifter is the best investment you will ever make. I love mine, there is more noise but it isn't bad at all. I can hardly hear it over the supercharger:D . I have let people sit in mine and shift it and everyone is like wow that is the baddest thing ever. The only effort required to shift from second to third is to simple push up. It's great!:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread