What is stopping my weight transfer?

sono

Established Member
I am adding more power and would like to have good weight transfer, but the front end does not seem to rise at all during acceleration. I am open to spring advice, but removing the sway bar seems extreme. What exactly is stopping it? "non track pack with steeda lca's and dspecs in the rear only"

sono

Established Member
no, I'm running 315 invos. I may run nt05s in the future, but it's my dd. I am driving myself crazy trying to find the right setup. Seems like the cobra jet springs give it a jacked up look on the street. With 20" rims it may look like a low rider in the front and dukes of hazard in the back. Equivalent to a mullet look. It has a rake now, but the cj's seem a little much.

musclefan21

Established Member
I am cutting 1.51 with completely stock performance package car. It will be 1.4 soon with stock set up. And 1.4 is good enough for me. I keeping the suspension stock.

sono

Established Member
That's very good for stock. I do not have the track pack though, and the car suffers from brake dive even at reasonable highway speeds. Maybe a simple shock swap will do the trick. From what I have been reading you hurt your traction when you change the springs. With the power I'm adding I would hate to go back to the Good Year ice skates feeling just to correct the brake dive. It was horrible and unsafe. My gut tells me to go with the ford m5300-l.

Black Sex

Established Member
I've also had fairly good 60' times for a stock suspension that wasn't designed around drag racing.
I run the 295 Invo on my street wheels and when I get on it, you can feel the front end come up. It's more noticeable at night with the lights on.
Add some lowering springs to help eliminate brake dive. Then get some LCA relocation brackets.

Users who are viewing this thread