What is needed to run e85 on a 2012 gt?

NateTermi

BF3- NateTermi (ps3)
Established Member
I wouldnt even try to if it were me. But im sure you'd need new fuel pumps(may get away with a BAP), bigger injectors, and a tune. Doesn't benefit n/a cars near as much as fi cars. As for the warranty I would contact your dealership for a sure answer. Maybe someone will have a better answer here than me. Goodluck!

84GTTurbo

Established Member
With the #8 piston failures I see many modded 2011+s starting to switch to e85 if its available in their area. I am probably going to switch mine over just for some piece of mind. I wouldn't think there would be much more involved than a tune and injector size increase needed. Some are claiming to run e85 with just a tune, but others are running out of injector. Hopefully someone with experience with the conversion of 2011+s will jump in here and give us a definitive answer. As far as your engine and drivetrain warranty goes its instantly voided when you install a tune.

Last edited:

Teej281

Established Member
I wouldnt even try to if it were me. But im sure you'd need new fuel pumps(may get away with a BAP), bigger injectors, and a tune. Doesn't benefit n/a cars near as much as fi cars. As for the warranty I would contact your dealership for a sure answer. Maybe someone will have a better answer here than me. Goodluck!

So you dont think a high compression N/A motor will gain power from tuning to 105 octane fuel? :nonono:

OP, I dont know much about the ability of the fuel system in the new cars, but nothing more than a pump upgrade, some 60lb injectors and a tune and you'd be golden.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
Anyone know the typical gain on a non fi e85 car? I am seriously debating it on my coupe. Super unlead and octane booster is about the only thing that works in my car. It doesn't like all this ethanol blend crap.

RFH

Established Member
E85 will gain 3-4% more power on a N/A car. All thats needed is a tune, no extra fuel parts from what ive seen.

Also E85 is 98.7 octane, not 105, according to the COA we just did on some.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
Years ago I ran 104 race gas in my fox stock car with 19lb injectors. I know the systems are capable of handling it, I just don't have the money for a rebuild if something did go wrong.

NateTermi

BF3- NateTermi (ps3)
Established Member
So you dont think a high compression N/A motor will gain power from tuning to 105 octane fuel? :nonono:

OP, I dont know much about the ability of the fuel system in the new cars, but nothing more than a pump upgrade, some 60lb injectors and a tune and you'd be golden.

Did I say that? No

Teej281

Established Member
Doesn't benefit n/a cars near as much as fi cars.

We're not talking typical 9.5:1 2v GT's here...we're talking high compression N/A motors. Tuning these beasts to 100+ octane will definitely benefit them greatly.

So to an extent, yes you did. I'd say you could gain a pretty significant gain with doing this swap. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread