What is my HP limit? Aluminator..

03 SeRpEnT

The Feeling Hurter
Established Member
Getting E-85 tune done in a few days and figure it'll be in the 750-800 area since the MS109 on the same setup produced 750. Motor is a 3k mile 9.5:1 Aluminator with the OPG's. What is the limit of this long block with boost? 11-1200? Less? Has anyone pushed one of these short blocks beyond its limit? I'm a pulley away from 1,000rwhp I'm sure, but going to enjoy 750+ for awhile since it'll be somewhat affordable to run E-85 as opposed to Racegas. Car is an 11 GT, Vortech JT, full return, twin 465's and Id1000's and is an A6.

Tx5.0

Established Member
I would stay in the 900whp range. I've heard the block starts to crack in the 1k range.

03 SeRpEnT

The Feeling Hurter
Established Member
Correct, this is what Tim from MPR has said. 1200hp FLYWHEEL.

I figured it was around there, 1krwhp is hauling the Mail on a street car anyway lol. Car is stupid fast right now on pump gas tune anyway and it's about 630 at the wheels.

7upstang

Established Member
I figured it was around there, 1krwhp is hauling the Mail on a street car anyway lol. Car is stupid fast right now on pump gas tune anyway and it's about 630 at the wheels.

My car made 730rwhp and I can't even think about hooking on the street. Made 900+rwhp on the race tune, I'd kill myself on the street.

03 SeRpEnT

The Feeling Hurter
Established Member
My car made 730rwhp and I can't even think about hooking on the street. Made 900+rwhp on the race tune, I'd kill myself on the street.

Well traction control on these cars obviously kills power but helps keep it in a straight line for the most part, tack on the fact the car has 20"s with DR's and it gives it atleast a "chance" to hook lol

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
Well traction control on these cars obviously kills power but helps keep it in a straight line for the most part, tack on the fact the car has 20"s with DR's and it gives it atleast a "chance" to hook lol

Negative. I turned off traction control with my tune, and I keep a straight line even better.

Users who are viewing this thread