What is my Dads 86 Canyon Red GT with 836 ORIGINAL MILES worth

nstag8r

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
My dad bought the car from a lady in 1986 with under 100 miles on it becasue the car scared her it was so fast(little ole lady). The car was converted to mass air with the kit ford motorsport used to make back in the day and the car had a 3.73 gear installed by dealer under warranty for gear whine (we knew someone at dealer). Other than that the car is bone stock and still smells new inside. The car is a low option car with manual locks and windows and cloth interior. I was just curious what it would be worth? I can get pictures of the car next time I go visit but it has always been garaged and doesn't have a scratch or ding anywhere on the car. Like I stated in the title the car is Canyon Red with Grey insterior and also a 5 speed car.

CW1343

Established Member
The 86's were the first year of EFI, and still the "four eyed" look. I believe those are becoming somewhat sought after. I'd love to see pictures.

Acehole

Established Member
With that low of miles if you put it on ebay you could easily see 12k on a bad day. People go crazy for them on there!

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Would love to see picks. 85/86 is my favorite body style after Terminators. I do actually prefer 85's though - last year for the carb. Value, I don't know - I would think at least 15k

Last edited:

Ithnu

Established Member
I had an '86 in HS; sold it before college in 2000 and should have kept the damn thing. I own a '93 Cobra now. Once you figure out what you want for it PM me. I might have to take that off your hands.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread