What is my car worth?

sLOWDOHC

Established Member
Ive found out the payoff is actually A LOT lower than I had thought.

It has 70k, very minor mods. But has been wrecked twice. Id hate to put the problems on a new owner, but I plan to fix pretty much all known items (tires, brakes, tune up, alignment etc).

Would the car be worth $9k? If you dont remeber the accident, follow the link in my sig to the pics, and Im sure it will refresh your memory. The damage was fixed by easily one of the best shops out there. Everything was replaced with NEW OEM parts. Even with a fine tooth comb, one would never know what its been through.

Over all the car is pretty clean, interior is great, light wear on DR seat but other than that, as clean as they come.

Im thinking I need to save and trade it in, but was just wanting some input. :shrug:

joec

Established Member
i agree with what everybody else said. definitely not work 9k. you would actually have to be a pretty sweet talker to even keep me interested in the car after you told me it had been wrecked twice. I'm not trying to offend you, just telling you my opinion.

i dunno. the only reason i say that is there are so many crooks in todays world. i've bought too many junk cars in the past (lemons) that people have told me were perfect cars. Bad experiences account for everything.

ps - you may have better luck trading it in. F THE DEALERSHIPS! are the wrecks on the carfax? if not, trade the sucker in and get a lexus! Dealerships will mess with you, though. I have a 98 cobra with 130k and most of the dealerships in my area only wanted to give me 4,000 for it. they're nuts.

Last edited:

sLOWDOHC

Established Member
I havent checked the carfax, tho Im sure theyre one there.

Im not offended, I appreciate the opinion. Nither were my fault, shit happens. Like I said, Id hate forsomeone to get this and have a major problem. The body work has a lifetime warranty also...but still. Id probably just like to trade it. Im just not ready to buy yet. But I would like to be out from under it. It hasnt been driven in maybe 3months now. :(

ForcFed93

Established Member
I would definately pay 8k for it if I was still looking for one. In my opinion, I don't care whether a car has been in a wreck or not as long as no one would be able to tell that it has. If it looks and drives like it has 70k then it would be worth it.

Hell, my 93 Tbird was once totalled, but has since been repaired and has been in many shows and was once featured in a calender.

The only thing a wreck on a record would affect would be resale. That is if the car has been repaired properly.

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
I say ask $9k for it and tell the truth about it. Then just offers from there.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Yeh when I was looking for one before I found mine, I would not even consider a wrecked Cobra. Unfortunately if you suffer a wreck, the resale value goes way down for most. Why selling?

sLOWDOHC

Established Member
I guess you missed the thread Paul. :p

Selling cause I hate it, and have for a while. I hate paying INS on it and not driving it.

taintedme

Established Member
doesn't hurt to put it in autotrader to find out. i put my '94 GT in there 2 years ago for $5K. ended up selling for $5,200 because i got so much traffic on it. my last phone call from that ad was about 2 months ago. worth a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread