What is it worth???

Modded04

Established Member
Hey everyone I am looking at buying a 03 Zinc yellow cobra again. One of the draw backs is that it has 107,045 miles on it but since I do all of my own engine work and body work I am not really afraid of that. I asked the dealer last night to send me a copie of the carfax report. It said that it had like 20 piceces of history on it. But I watched a video of the car on their website and they said there was nothing wrong with it.

They are asking $16,988 for it but I will not pay that much for one with that many miles on it. But I am not sure where to start. What do you guys think that it is worth? I dont know how to post up a link but it is on Buy Cars Online, New & Used Car Search, Auto Classifieds. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Dan

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Hey everyone I am looking at buying a 03 Zinc yellow cobra again. One of the draw backs is that it has 107,045 miles on it but since I do all of my own engine work and body work I am not really afraid of that. I asked the dealer last night to send me a copie of the carfax report. It said that it had like 20 piceces of history on it. But I watched a video of the car on their website and they said there was nothing wrong with it.

They are asking $16,988 for it but I will not pay that much for one with that many miles on it. But I am not sure where to start. What do you guys think that it is worth? I dont know how to post up a link but it is on Buy Cars Online, New & Used Car Search, Auto Classifieds. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Dan

i think that is too much i would say around 14k, that is higher than retail that is a joke.

Seek

Established Member
there was an awesome sonic blue with 90k miles for 16k flat so I'd say 14k is fair

Modded04

Established Member
That is kind of where I what I was thinking. I was going to start at 13 and work my way up. If I cant get it for 14K then I am not going to buy it. I went to Kbb and it showed it at like $15900, but that was in exc. shape. I dont know if it has had body work because it looks like the fender bolts have been taken out because the paint is off of them. Also the engine bay is really dirty. It needs some TLC but I can do it, I really enjoy doing it. I just dont know what to do.

Thanks for the support
keep your fingers crossed for me.

Dan

Modded04

Established Member
Yeah it would be a steel but I dont know if I am going to be able to talk them down to 11k. I mean they already think that it is worth almost 17k. But I will see what I can do. Then I have to see If I get financing for the rest of the loan. At this point I dont care what I have to do to get one. It has been three years since I had my 03 Zinc yellow, and that was the car me and my wife got married in.

I told her the other day that I didnt care if it was a pink cobra I would buy it. This has been the longest 3 years of my life. Not that things havent been good but my cars mean more to me then I really thought that they did. I even have two nice cars right now, a 2002 Chrystler 300M Special, and a 1998 Caddy Diville Conc. on 20's, both of them are black. But its not my baby. I dont know, I would sell my left... just to get one. Once you have one and feel the experience you will never forget it. Everyone say a prayer for me.

Thanks
keep the ideas coming.

Dan

03_cobra_daddy

Established Member
I have an 03 ZY Cobra 19,400 miles never wrecked , I am the origanal owner i have the title in hand , Factory Build sheet with SVT Book from Ford . this car has not been on a dyno or to the track ! it is a weekend car only. Covered and in the garage at all times, I have taken excellent care of this car.
I have the JTL ZY cold air intake / Flowmasters - sounds great and turns alot of heads.
also the Diablo Preadtor tuner.
I am not sure of Horse power numbers but its very Quick.
I would like to get $22,000 out of the car but could negoiate a little.
if you are not interested that is fine but this could be the car you are looking for after reading your post I can post Pics if you would like to see her.

I live outside of Springfield Ohio
Thanks Phil.

Modded04

Established Member
No thanks. Although your car I am sure is beautiful, I need something cheeper. If I am able to get this car between 11k and 14k then it will fit in my budget alot better. With my wife not working right now ie. laid off from her bank job I cant spend that kind of money. If this deal does not go through then I am going to have to spend another summer with out my cobra, and wait till the fall when the prices go down. That is why I was looking for one with a blown motor or one that needed some body work. I guess I will have to wait and see. I look at the photos all day long.

Thanks

Dan

Modded04

Established Member
Anyone else have any ideas? He called me today, but I have to call him back. I was at work. I would like someone to find the car or I can email it to them and see what you think it is worth by looking at the pictures.

Thanks

Dan

tibert11

Established Member
Used Car Value - Ford Mustang-V8-5/6 Spd./AT Convertible 2D Cobra

Here is a link to NADA. I was a salesman for 3 years. My guess is they gave around 10.5 to 13k for the car. Average mark up on a used vehicle (depending on the vehicle) is 2.5k - 4k dollars.

Tell them that their buys are very limited because of the miles and year. Banks that dealers use normally do not finance anything over 7 years, especially over 70k miles.

Just remember you are the buyer. You need to take control over the sale. You already have the upper hand because of the vehicles miles and year. You never know what they gave for the car. They could have stole it for a good price from someone that needed to sell it to get into another vehicle.

My friend recently was looking at an Subaru STi for 18.9k. It was a 2004 with 80k miles. I got it for him for only 14k!! Like I said above. Be firm on your limited and let them know you are not budging. Hope this information helped.

GOOD LUCK!!

Last edited:

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
I paid 17 out the door for mine with almost 40k on her. Now has 43 and since i bought it i have changed 2 alternators, 1 set of brakes, clutch is about to go...oh and a heater core!!! I think thats it. I have bad luck with cars:cuss:

Users who are viewing this thread