what is high mileage?

1993svtjones

Established Member
my 2000 ranger 3.0 has 243,000 miles and just now hating having to put a engine in it, but it's the money maker not wanting to drive the 09 gt 500. a d/d less than 100k isn't bad, not a weekend car though.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
If it isnt an "enthusiast" vehicle, then I mainly just consider the condition of the vehicle, mechanically and cosmetically. Here are my experiences from the past few years.

I bought my 03 Cobra with 71k and felt like it was nearing "high-mileage" and sold it with 80k, but it was in excellent shape and the price reflected the miles.

I bought an 04 F350 Powerstroke 4x4 with around 110k and it felt brand new, good mechanical condition. Sold it with 130k and I considered it low-mileage.

Then my current daily driver 2000 BMW 323ci was 103k and felt solid all around, and now has 140k and still feels excellent, Id consider it somewhat low miles as a DD.

Then my most recent mustang was an 02 GT with 85k miles, built and blown motor. And it felt like a high-mileage mustang for sure. It was decent mechanical condition, but I sold it with only a few thousand more miles on it and it still felt "high-mileage".

3 weeks ago I bought a "farm truck" for $1,000. 92 F250 4x4 with 5.8L and auto. It has 265k on the odo, but runs like a champ so miles werent even looked at till after I paid for the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread