What is ford's answer to...

GodStang

Established Member
Why is this in terminator talk?

There is talk of a Boss and of course the GT500. Is the Camaro ever really going to come out? Heard it was pushed back again.

StreetSnake

Established Member
Based on what Ive seen I think the market has absorbed all the people who were willing to pay the premium on the GT500. Seeing alot of them for MSRP:beer:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Answer is

The Camaro SS is the try to be answer to the GT500! They're (Chebby) just late as usual. Oh crap they haven't been around!:dancenana: Didn't miss them either.:beer:

xenodragon

Established Member
The 2011 mustang gt...400 horsepower. The Z28 model is what we should be concerned about, but i think the gt500 covers that.

while the SS will be powered by a 6.2-liter LS3 V-8 (similar to that found in the Corvette) tuned to produce around 400–405 bhp. A year after launch, Chevy will introduce a convertible version and after that a high-performance Z28 model with a super-charged 6.2-liter sibling to the Corvette ZR1's LS9 motor known as the LSA. That engine would make somewhere in the neighborhood of 480–500 bhp and is similar to the engine used in the upcoming Cadillac CTS-V

no cigar

I want a $944 camera!
Established Member
Ok, lets go mod for mod... SS owner will do LTs, Exhaust, Intake, tune, and will run circles around said GT... That is if that new 5.0 is as responsive (or not) to bolt ons.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Ford doesn't nor needs to respond to the Camaro. To do so would be a step backwards. The Camaro is soooooo tacky looking :xpl:

It looks like they cut the industrial designers loose on the interior resulting in something straight out of the Jetson's with all the decortive chrome.

The GT500 is still the best American performance car available.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Ok, lets go mod for mod... SS owner will do LTs, Exhaust, Intake, tune, and will run circles around said GT... That is if that new 5.0 is as responsive (or not) to bolt ons.

NOT!

LT, intake and exhaust will never allow it to make the power of a FI engine. Put a blower on the Camaro (and perhaps a membership to Jenny Graig) and then the game will change.........

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Who cares really? If you had an all out Grudge Match Camaro vs Mustangs the Camaro would lose every time and every location! Reason would be the Mustangs would out number them 20 to 1!!!!

Hell Yeah!

cuban

Established Member
the new z28 is to have the same s/c motor as the the 09 ctsv i think its like 458rwhp or something like that. but if its overweight which it probably will be my guess is the gt 500 should cover it, maybe. but then again what does ford have on the zr1?

cuban

Established Member
The GT500 is still the best American performance car available.

are you serious?? the z06 is a better performance car hands down, that and a regular c6 holds its on against the overpriced/overweight pos that is the gt500.

2004 Culebra

Established Member
The new maros are ugly. IMO The final design that they are going to release has the rear looking like shit. Owning one is going to be like dating a butter face... Everyone knows butter faces are only good for a one nighter when your dry. But you never take them home. LOL

lilb_svt

Established Member
the answer came out five years ago and its sitting in my garage.
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: THE TERMINATOR :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

JedWele

aka "boostfiend"
Established Member
It’s the other way around , chevy is trying to come up with a answer for the mustang gt and the gt500.

And nothing has been confirmed that the new camaro will even get the supercharged LSA although I am betting it will but if it’s the same as the caddy it will not have the Forged pistons and rods the LS9 has in the zr1 to save cost so even if the power is the same in stock form , it probably won’t be able to handle the pwr the gt500’s are putting out. (with mods like a KB)

And who knows with gas prices right now. And knowing how chevy is they my axe the whole supercharged camaro anyways.

SlowSVT

Established Member
are you serious?? the z06 is a better performance car hands down, that and a regular c6 holds its on against the overpriced/overweight pos that is the gt500.

I was referring to the pony car catagory. But I see your point.

Users who are viewing this thread