What is exactly a p1233 code?

kino

Established Member
I checked my car today and I got a DTC 1233 code. Now according to the code interpretation list I have, it says "Fuel Pump Driver Mod Disabled/Off. My question is, what exactly does that mean? Is the FPDM bad? Bad fuel pump? Bad fuse?

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
kino said:
I checked my car today and I got a DTC 1233 code. Now according to the code interpretation list I have, it says "Fuel Pump Driver Mod Disabled/Off. My question is, what exactly does that mean? Is the FPDM bad? Bad fuel pump? Bad fuse?

Does the car start? I believe this happened to me. Can't recall if th code is the same or not. I thought it was the FRPS, but it turned out to be a blown fuse. Pop the hood and check the fuses.

kino

Established Member
unit213 said:
Does the car start? I believe this happened to me. Can't recall if th code is the same or not. I thought it was the FRPS, but it turned out to be a blown fuse. Pop the hood and check the fuses.

What happens is when I start the car up it will sputter and idle roughly for about 2 seconds or so then smooth out the idle. Runs fine after that. Odd thing is it only does that after it has been sitting overnight. I could drive it around the block, turn it off, then restart the car and it idles just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread