what is everyone using?

Florian

Established Member
for your oil? I know there are piles of choices, but I refuse to pay 14/qt at the dealer when I can get Castrol for 9/qt.

Lemme hear what you recommend. :??: :beer:

F

Draiter

Established Member
Royal purple HPS 10w40 $10 and change a quart Canadian

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

GreggsSVT

Established Member
for your oil? I know there are piles of choices, but I refuse to pay 14/qt at the dealer when I can get Castrol for 9/qt.

Lemme hear what you recommend. :??: :beer:

F

50-60K car and your complaining about what a quart of oil cost?

Motorcraft is the only way to go IMO.

440sprint

Established Member
Until I get my passenger side oil separator (catch can), I'm using Castrol Edge 5w50 ($9/qt). Edge is suppose to cause less blow-by to contaminate my SC, intercooler & valves than Motorcraft. I'll use Amisol 10w40 when I'm sure it won't affect my warranty. My calls to Ford & SVT said the same thing - use a good 5w50 synthetic!

Florian

Established Member
50-60K car and your complaining about what a quart of oil cost?

Motorcraft is the only way to go IMO.

Not complaining, just know that Motorcraft is made by somebody for less than the dealer sells it for. Hate getting that ripped off feeling from any dealership. Its not about saving a nickle, its about getting the best oil for the buck. Seems like Amsoil is the best option here, so I shall look into that.

F

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
I've heard good things about Amsoil and Royal Purple. Lots of premium OEMs using Mobil One. Any reason nobody is pouring that?

Would love to read a technical analysis of all the top synthetics compared and see what makes them different. Probably wouldn't understand half of it :sleeping:, but the executive summary would be worth it.

TJR12

TJR12
Established Member
Not complaining, just know that Motorcraft is made by somebody for less than the dealer sells it for. Hate getting that ripped off feeling from any dealership. Its not about saving a nickle, its about getting the best oil for the buck. Seems like Amsoil is the best option here, so I shall look into that.

F

No disagreement that Amsoil, Motorcraft, Mobil 1 are all good options, but a dealer isn't ripping you off because somebody made Motorcraft for less than they sell it for, whoever is selling you the others is definitely selling it for less than they paid for it or they wouldn't be in business. Just because it is a car dealership doesn't automatically mean they are trying to rip you off or make any more or less money than one of the thousands of aftermarket service centers.

Drwalker02

2013 GT500 Addict
Established Member
I used Mobil 1 at 2000. Talked to my service manager and he said there is no way he would void my warranty for using Amsoil 10W-40. No to decide if I'll replace my thermostat and stay with 10-40 or go 10-30

sandlizard

Established Member
I've heard good things about Amsoil and Royal Purple. Lots of premium OEMs using Mobil One. Any reason nobody is pouring that?

Would love to read a technical analysis of all the top synthetics compared and see what makes them different. Probably wouldn't understand half of it :sleeping:, but the executive summary would be worth it.

check out bob the oil guy. Lots of good reading :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread