What is everyone using to keep oil out of the intercooler?

spanky777will

Established Member
i was working on my truck today and found this:
IMG_0247.sized.jpg

IMG_0246.sized.jpg

IMG_0249.sized.jpg

the oil is coming from the pass side valve cover. the drivers side i have installed under the intake boot before the throttle body and i have NO oil in there. the pass side i have have hooked up after the throttle body. it seems that when i get on it the suction must pull up the valve in the PCV and just suck up the under the valve cover. on the drivers mside i just have a connector (no valve). any recommendations?

TIA

Will

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
Take a look in the "How To" section. 2nd Gen Lightnings are notorious for coating the tb, plenum, and intercooler (aftercooler) with oil.

Some are using oil seperators and others are using PCV breathers on the valve covers to solve the sucking oil problem.

spanky777will

Established Member
Will you just started coming back around I've noticed. How've you been and what's up with the truck? ... Stan

stan

been busy. finished school and entered the working world (it sucks lol) but i love what i'm doing. the truck is great. i don't drive it often and constantly think about selling it but once i get in it and nail it i get the grin from ear to ear and say not gonna happen. besides all the time and effort i put into the turck can really only be appreciated by me (i've touched every nut bolt and screw on that truck numerous times). hopefully i can figure out the best way to stop the oil. i do not want to run a filter and prefer not to run a breather but it looks like i'm going to have to

Will

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
I have an oil seperator on mine..they definatly work and catch a ton of oil. PM me if you would like information to the particular one I have. Mine has caught this much in about two months of time.

bridalshow005.jpg

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
So far i only have the different PVC valve Sid posted about in the how-to section a JLT pre-screen setup...right now the prescreen setup is just sitting outside..it worked a little but the way it mounted just pretty much sucked.
other wise im holding off for a DMR catch can with a full return system...so its maint-free.
or ill buy an L&S setup and just upgrade the hose.
one way or another..the MP will not go on my truck with out a seperator of some sort

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
I use my hand, I just put it in front of the blower and tell it NO, No oil inside, my rotors are protected enough! No No I said, no oil in the bower, damn it don't you listen silly blower, I said no oil!!! Gahhhh Don't make me take you off and clean your insides all nice and oil free.
I'll tell ya this much the Wal-Mart one just looks like it stops oil, it's getting in from somewhere else.

Will there is yet another chance I might be WHIPPED later this week. BTW I am going to drop off your plenum today. I need your laptop to pick up.

Users who are viewing this thread