What is considered domestic abuse?

Labinnac

El Chimpo Grande!
Established Member
I know this isn't car related and is a rather general question but I was just curious and figured some of you may be able to help me out.

I was informed yesterday that simply arguing with your woman can land you jail time. As in JUST arguing, no threats, no physical contact, etc, just having an argument. And in that situation it becomes a her word against your word and they usually favor her word.

Can a woman lie and send a perfectly innocent man to jail because of it?

My question is whether this is true or not? I can read just fine but deciphering legalese makes my head A splode. I did make an attempt to research this on the internet already but couldn't get a clear anwser.

Thanks!

Groovyash

Established Member
Well, from the description "Blue Law Hell" I'm guessing you too are a PA resident. In PA the DV law is used in conjunction with another violation, which is almost always either Assault, or Agg Assault. Without getting too in depth, if there are no signs of physical abuse chances are no one is going to jail. It is not always "Her word" wins either, I have arrested women for DV, and there have been times where both parties had marks on them, and both went to jail. Last time I checked, arguing was protected under the 1st ammendment. Now if a PFA is issued and you violate it by contacting the spouse even if there is no physical contact/threats etc. you will be arrested, but not for DV, rather for violating the court order.

Dan

Labinnac

El Chimpo Grande!
Established Member
Thanks guys!

I figured there had to be more to it than that. Otherwise every man I know would've spent some time in jail.

No, I'm not in PA anymore. I grew up in Lancaster and am a PSU alumni. The ink wasn't even dry on my diploma before I moved to a warmer climate.

Blue Law Hell = SC

Users who are viewing this thread