What is better for the cobra CAI or RAI?

Wonder

Established Member
I had a discussion with one of my friends about this topic and I wanted to ask for more opinions about this topic. What do you guys think is better for the car?

01yellercobra

Established Member
IMO neither is better. My buddy has the CAI and I find it to be a pain any time we have to work in that area of his car. I kept the RAI in mine for that reason. Similar set ups. Similar power.

I also don't believe one is better than the other regarding inlet temps. Someone did a test a long time ago and the temp difference at the filter was negligible while the car was moving. Maybe it's something to consider if you're sitting in the staging lanes waiting to run. But then if you're in the staging lanes and serious about things there's ice in the intercooler tank already.

cj428mach

Established Member
I'd go with the RAI intake, it makes it much easier to work on your car on your car when you need to. Also its impossible not to scratch the hell out of the CAI or High boost model no matter what you do. At one time I had a white JLT CAI kit and regularly had to put touch up paint on it where it exited the fender well. This kept it all white but you could clearly see the touch up on it.

patc84

Established Member
RAI all day. i had the CAI and when you have to clean the filter, its a huge pain. RAI easier to work on as others as stated.

Users who are viewing this thread