(What is a )Wideban(d)?

steves04cobra

Established Member
This is probably a dumb question but I'm going to ask it anyways, what is a wideban and what is it used for? If this is in the wrong place mods please move. Thanks

1320 Junkie

Established Member
**wideban-d**

WIdeband is used to monitor your air fuel ratio 14:7 is stoich...but 11:4-11:6 is "safe: for higher boosted cars at WOT...just a FYI

945LSTANG

Established Member
WIdeband is used to monitor your air fuel ratio 14:7 is stoich...but 11:4-11:6 is "safe: for higher boosted cars at WOT...just a FYI

You are correct but you have it typed wrong. It should be typed as a ratio to 1.

14.7:1
11.4:1 etc.

I know its not that big of a deal but I don't want someone that is uninformed to be confused.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
You are correct but you have it typed wrong. It should be typed as a ratio to 1.

14.7:1
11.4:1 etc.

I know its not that big of a deal but I don't want someone that is uninformed to be confused.

lol :thumbsup:

mikes03cobra

Established Member
There are no dumb question only dumb answsers Wideband gives you the fuel/air ratio period... Cars come with a narrow band o2 sensor to help the computer learn " closed loop " a program to help keep the car burning fuel at a efficent rate ! 1 = 14.7 ish for gas = target is low load best econmey They cant give you more than target air fuel thats why there narrow.Turn the power up and it goes to a program in the computer that provides target air fuel which you need . If you modify the car the best way to tell the computer what to do is see what a wideband is telling you If you boost or go high load /hp you would want to see a lower value of air fuel/richer maybe even 11.5 Only a wideband will give you this info PS same looking sensor as the narrow band on the exhaust you need to weld a new fitting/bung into the exhaust for the new wideband o2 sensor add a guage then you will see the true air fuel ratio your car is running

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread