What is a Taurus "SHOW"?????

SHOW...or S.H.O.????

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

homer302

Banned
Anyone seen the new Ford commercials of the new Taurus SHO where the FORD PAID announcer pronounces it the new Ford "show"? Is it just me or was the original model an S.H.O. as in Super High Output?
:shrug:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
you can still pronounce it as "Show" when talking about the "Taurus SHO". Everyone i know has said "Show" when talking about them, as opposed to saying "Yeah this Taurus Super High Output" because really, theres not much super high about them.

However, saying you have a "Five Point Oh Ho" is still a negative.

homer302

Banned
I always called them an S.H.O. but either way, I don't recall a Ford ad from the day where they called it a show.
Just seems weird to me.
Ohh well.

It might not be a super high output but it has more power per liter than a 4.6 Terminator.
I'm just sayin.

Last edited:

SupaNOVA

Is Not Amused.
Established Member
Ummmm the original commercial said "S.H.O".

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfjNY1yTKTs"]YouTube - SHO Commercial[/ame]

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I've always said S.H.O. I also pronounce Saleen correctly.

homer302

Banned
Ummmm the original commercial said "S.H.O".

QUOTE]

Thanks for that! I knew it.
Also the SHO has more HP per liter than a new ZR1, Z06, base corvette, Lightning......I'd say it might deserve Super high output, but that's just me.
:shrug:

..........and the 6.1 Challenger, the SS Camaro,

Last edited:

Blue Blitz

Established Member
LOL I cant vote because I use both.

HP/Liter....holyS#$T I found my way to a honda board....

homer302

Banned
LOL I cant vote because I use both.

HP/Liter....holyS#$T I found my way to a honda board....

HP/a given engine size is the definition of High Output. I guess you wouldn't be impressed with a Hyabusa or GSXR1000 engine either? What's impressive about an 8.4 liter V10 Viper with only 600 hp?

Blue Blitz

Established Member
I was just giving you a hard time, I know "credit where credit is due" and I do like the new SHO. But HP/L never really made sense to me since in MOST cases, the displacement is very small. It gets easier to make power with higher RPM...Almost seems it's a function of RPM! Hayabusa and GSXR1000 do the high HP with no power adder as well. That is more impressive for "HO" engines to me.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Had a new '89. Called in an S.H.O. generally, but maybe "show" around the house. Great car that one. Motor wound up fast and electric-motor smooth with a great exhaust tone. Handled incredibly well for its size. New $$HO is a gonna be a killer...on the road and the wallet.

homer302

Banned
I was just giving you a hard time, I know "credit where credit is due" and I do like the new SHO. But HP/L never really made sense to me since in MOST cases, the displacement is very small. It gets easier to make power with higher RPM...Almost seems it's a function of RPM! Hayabusa and GSXR1000 do the high HP with no power adder as well. That is more impressive for "HO" engines to me.

:beer: Agreed. The N/A stuff with high output is even better.

:beer: ..also call Mystichromes Mystichromes and Mystics Mystics...makes no sense I know..but I'm weird like that...:bored:

Another pet peeve. Some people that own Mystichrome cars call the Mystic.

Blue Blitz

Established Member
:beer: Agreed. The N/A stuff with high output is even better.

Another pet peeve. Some people that own Mystichrome cars call the Mystic.

:beer: I really am easy to get along with. I like the new SHO a lot. Wish it was a little cheaper but want to check one out in person because it seems like you get a lot for the money.

For the most part my posts now are out of boredom.

Users who are viewing this thread