What is a good price on 2.9 Whipple

2snakes

Established Member
Who has got a good price on a 2.9 Whipple ?? Do i need to get injectors ?? Different throttle body ?? MAF ?? . I see everyone is selling them for $3500. What else do you need to buy ?? Thanks for replies..

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
The supporting mods are all dependent on how much power you are looking to make. Essentially, you can just bolt on the 2.9L as it comes out of the box, run stock pumps and injectors, stock intake, and stock throttle body and just get a custom tune. The stock injectors are good to about ~680 rwhp and the pumps are good to ~720 rwhp with an injector upgrade. Give us a call if you want to discuss any package deals or figure out what kind of a direction you want to go.

Thanks.

jrhsvt

Established Member
So you could safely bolt on the supercharger only with a conservative tune and utilize the car as a daily driver? What about spark plugs? I wonder what the rwhp would result from this set up.

Grunnsetning

Established Member
So you could safely bolt on the supercharger only with a conservative tune and utilize the car as a daily driver? What about spark plugs? I wonder what the rwhp would result from this set up.

You wold want plugs too.
I am gonna take a wild stab at the HP and say 600?
And to your first question, yes.
Just get a John Lund tune IMO.

sharke

Established Member
The supporting mods are all dependent on how much power you are looking to make. Essentially, you can just bolt on the 2.9L as it comes out of the box, run stock pumps and injectors, stock intake, and stock throttle body and just get a custom tune. The stock injectors are good to about ~680 rwhp and the pumps are good to ~720 rwhp with an injector upgrade. Give us a call if you want to discuss any package deals or figure out what kind of a direction you want to go.

Thanks.

With my current mods listed in sig could I just bolt on a TVS with stock pulley and custom tune without doing anything else?

Mikey org gt500

Established Member

Thanks.

Really? no BAP needed? I have a CAI,afco he,CJ TB.. All I would need is a tune to put the 2.9 on?

sfadchi

Established Member
Lethal is the only place I would consider buying a Whipple. They have the best prices and the best customer service!

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Really? no BAP needed? I have a CAI,afco he,CJ TB.. All I would need is a tune to put the 2.9 on?

Yes, that is correct. Out of the box, the 2.9L will make ~630-650 rwhp depending on octane being run. The CJ throttle body will bump that up a little, but you will still be fine with stock pumps and injectors.

ZXMustang

Banned
That sounds awesome. Its affordable and very simple to do. When I had a vortech installed on my C6, it was 3 times that in terms of money and the car had to be modified to the point where I could not put it back to stock unless I had an identical C6 that was willing to swap a whole boat load of stock parts that has to be modified on my car to put it on their car. I
m going to start saving for this whipple right now.

sfadchi

Established Member
That sounds awesome. Its affordable and very simple to do. When I had a vortech installed on my C6, it was 3 times that in terms of money and the car had to be modified to the point where I could not put it back to stock unless I had an identical C6 that was willing to swap a whole boat load of stock parts that has to be modified on my car to put it on their car. I
m going to start saving for this whipple right now.

Nothing will put a smile on your face more than adding 30MPH to your trap speed! :beer:

jrhsvt

Established Member
I'm getting an itchy trigger finger after reading this. Another question: What can I expect to pay in labor alone (ball park guestimate) for bolting on the Whipple 2.9, new spark plugs, and tune if I were to have already purchased the items? Are we talking $200 bucks or 4 figures? Is this a simple job that a non-mechanically inclined individual could do?

MD03SVT

Established Member
I'm getting an itchy trigger finger after reading this. Another question: What can I expect to pay in labor alone (ball park guestimate) for bolting on the Whipple 2.9, new spark plugs, and tune if I were to have already purchased the items? Are we talking $200 bucks or 4 figures? Is this a simple job that a non-mechanically inclined individual could do?

Straight forward S/C swap the only fun part is getting the rear S/C bolt tightened,in my experience a 4 hour job for the above mentionned parts.

sfadchi

Established Member

Do it yourself, you'll save money, lean about your car, and be proud that you did it all on your own. It's pretty easy, and kinda fun!

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Do it yourself, you'll save money, lean about your car, and be proud that you did it all on your own. It's pretty easy, and kinda fun!

You're a pro now. You should go and help him with the install. :banana::banana:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Does FRPP have a direct fit injector for these cars? I keep seeing something about a fuel rail spacer on the CJ.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Does FRPP have a direct fit injector for these cars? I keep seeing something about a fuel rail spacer on the CJ.

They do not. That's why FRPP uses a different fuel pump setup with the stock injectors on their 2.9L kits. The fuel rail spacers are for the tall 60's and 80's which are taller than the stock GT500 injector. The 60's and 80's also won't clear the 2.9L plenum because there's not enough room under the plenum to raise the rail for them to fit. The 72's we sell are the same size as stock and will fit the 2.9L, 3.4L without having to raise the rail.

Hope that helps.
Jared

Mikey org gt500

Established Member
They do not. That's why FRPP uses a different fuel pump setup with the stock injectors on their 2.9L kits. The fuel rail spacers are for the tall 60's and 80's which are taller than the stock GT500 injector. The 60's and 80's also won't clear the 2.9L plenum because there's not enough room under the plenum to raise the rail for them to fit. The 72's we sell are the same size as stock and will fit the 2.9L, 3.4L without having to raise the rail.

Hope that helps.
Jared
So with the spacer the Ford racing 80,s will fit?
Im gunna try and get some money up soon. i hope right after christn

Users who are viewing this thread