What ignition coils have you had luck with?

Bflorhaug

Established Member
I am currently searching for some new ignition coils and I was wondering what most of you run in your terminators. My 04' cobra has tr6 plugs and stock coils. Has anyone ran iridium plugs and say msd coils or those gms coils? I ran iridium in my 96' cobra blown vortech with msd coils and a dis 4 and it absolutely loved it. So I would think the same thing with my terminator. Some reference on what most of you use would be helpful.

Thanks

bubblehead93

Established Member
I think most would tell you stock or ford racing, I had Weapon X when they first came out awhile back, don't bother... I then put some Accel ones in, I don't think they are much better than stock but at least they work, which is more than I could say for the Weapon X ones...

r/
Andy

04SolidSnake

Canadian Snake
Established Member
I had a stock coil fail, and went with FRPP replacements as they were cheap and plentiful. Can't complain about them in the least, which is the opposite of what I hear about aftermarket coils in general.

MG0h3

Established Member
Id have to vote for factory as well. Prior to purchasing my car, the PO had the blower installed and AED found a couple of the coils had failed. AED installed new factory coils.

Users who are viewing this thread