What I modify since I don't have a Cobra anymore..

Tractorman

Greatest dad; Regional Qualifier
Established Member
Tractors! My tractor is an International 5088. Factory rated HP of 136 at the PTO (power take off). Dyno'd this spring at 180 HP with only the upgraded turbo.

This is the upgraded turbo that I put on it, a 3LM 466. Can't beat the price, under $500 out the door.

IMG_20110719_195803.jpg

This tractor didn't come with an intercooler, so I created my own setup up.

IMG_20110719_195609.jpg

The big daddy in this series of tractors, the 5488, came with a factory intercooler which would essentially bolt up with no problem, but I had a hard time finding one, and it uses engine coolant in order to cool the air off.

IMG_20110720_143227.jpg

I'm using a closed system for the liquid to air intercooler. I put a piece of metal over the top to help direct the radiator flow through it instead of around it. I'm using a Bosch Cobra pump to circulate the fluid.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to turn 210 HP or so now on the dyno. This small seem like a small number, but the motor is ran wide open at full load for 15 hours a day or more.

Here's the radio I recently installed:

IMG_20110719_195839.jpg

Factory one didn't work, and sucked in general. Also installed new speakers at the same time with new wiring to them. Sounds awesome!

Hope this was somewhat interesting to you, thanks for reading.

Last edited:

sixt5

Established Member
id love to find out how to turn up the fuel on some of my (company) tractors. most of them have gone to computer systems and i dont think they can be messed with

john deere 5,6 and 7 series

sixt5

Established Member
I don't own these suckers so not gonna spend money on them haha. They should still have some type of injection pump with a screw right?

2000gtp1sc

Established Member
I'm more of a deere man, but I can appreciate the mods to your big red! What is it about us that is never satisfied with "stock"? lol:) I own half of an 8850 with the Kinze Cummins conversion (installed ourselves) and that thing is a complete BEAST! Love all things modified in general, i guess:) Keep up the good work and for the love of God, get back into a stang at some point if you can!

sixt5

Established Member
deere makes a helluva tractor. we use them till about 7k hours then trade them in. they still run but they seem to be wore out around that time.

sixt5

Established Member
They reall don't go by torque since be hard to measure. Dynoing a tractor is done by a machine that hooks to the pto shaft. Wheels don't move.

Users who are viewing this thread