What I do first?

Bowlegz

Established Member
O.K. guys here's the deal, my wife wants to get me a birthday present, and she said that I could get something "Special" done for the truck if I wanted. Now then, I have an '01 L that is nearing 90,000 miles, I've been saving towards a Kenne Bell Big Bore twin screw which my wife said that she would get for me, but I'm worried about the mileage on the stock block!! Should I get the motor built first, and the get the twin screw, or do you guys think that the motor will be fine without taking it out, and rebuilding it? :shrug: I know that you guys be the experts so please help!!

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
As long as all the regular maintenance has been done to the truck you should be fine. I put the KB on my truck at 125k mile range. If you do the KB with all the fuel and maf. upgrades you should be fine and make some great power. I would suggest getting a dyno tune if you go with a KB/Whipple setup. Numbes in my sig are with a 5# lower and 3.2 upper and JLP Plenum. 17* Timing and 17psi. I swap the 3.2 for a 3.5 upper on the street, makes 446hp and 536 tq. on 16* and 16psi. As long as you keep the oil changed, fuel filters changed every other oil change you should be fine. I would also clean out the IC if you do this as well as put a set of NGK Tr6 plugs in as well. You can put the KB on and tune it with out the fuel pumps and injectors. But just won't make near as much hp as I see. Most I have seen with just a kb and maf. upgrade was 430 HP Range. You can still get a nice time slip at the track with that kind of power.

jeffthagiraffe

Established Member
yeah like tyson "oosvt" said its usually more then just buying a kb and puttin it on. not that you cant or anything but you cant get the full effect if you dont. heck if she will get you a built engine when it comes time and you can get the kb or whipple, you will really get to have some fun.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
I thought with a KB set up, you need to upgrade the injectors and fuel pumps just to be on the safe side. If that's the case, there's more to the cost of it than just the blower.

jeffthagiraffe

Established Member
you do need to run upgraded pumps and injectors if your looking for a lot more power..you can run it really low boost and not need the upgrades, but then why even get the kb unless your wanting to make some power. then in that case you will need the supporting mods

Users who are viewing this thread