What HP are our stock lines and rails good till?

stang8762

Established Member
I recently added a 70mm turbo and a 03/04 tank & pumps w/60lb injectors to my 99 cobra. This brought me to 455hp at 6-7psi before the 03 pumps were maxed. Im going to add a BAP and a wire upgrade hopefully i can see 550-600hp . My question is at what hp do the stock lines and rails become a issue?

Last edited:

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
i used stock line and rails on my 01 with the hellion 76mm setup. made 645rwhp just fine through the stock stuff.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Really only 455. I had a single Walboro without a BAP and made 435 without any issues. Tou have dual Cobras and maxed out at 455?

May be something else going on here?

I would add a 40 amp BAP. I have a a BAP now that i went to a smaller pulley.

MAF issue or am I completely in left field here? Can a pegged MAF limit fuel thus making you think it is a fuel issue?

stang8762

Established Member
Yeah i hear stock 03/04 pumps max out at 450-500 some get more hp some get less . W/ my setup there were too many variables such as gearing and a hurting motor. My high 4.30 gears on a turbo car definitely didn't help and the motor had about 100k on it before i rebuilt it b/c i over reved it and cracked a ringland. Im guessing one of those reason is why it was low. I had very conservative timing and lots of fuel & at 6-7psi.

Im assuming now i have a new motor and im changing to 355 gears those numbers should be different but im adding a BAP to get 550-600 mark

Last edited:

fangs99

Established Member
The stock fuel rails are good to 700hp I'm not 100% sure about the feed line form the tank to the fuel rail. I think the 03/04 feed line are a tad larger.

stang8762

Established Member
Thanks for the help . I may just get a 40 amp BAP and see how far that takes me . I read on the kenne bell website that the stock 03/04 pumps w/ a BAP delivers 59% more fuel over stock 03/04 setup and has been tested to 700hp w/ 63lb injectors. ( Not saying i believe that or that i will rely on the statment) but it must help a decent amount.

http://www.kennebell.net/techinfo/general-info/BAPsvtFocus_kens.pdf

Ive also been reading on Dual FPMD setups that may drop the duty cycle down a little but not sure if you can run a dual FPMD and a BAP together but i dont see why not if the BAP was pre fpmd

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
I think if you run the dual FPDM the BAP isn't needed. Don't quote me on that though. If you're going to do the dual FPDM's you might as well step up to the GT pumps.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
60lb injectors (which were basically done), stock lines, and rails, twin Ford GT supercar pumps, stock 03 cobra hat, and a BAP

Users who are viewing this thread