What heat exchanger is best ?

trickability

Established Member
I am looking to buy a heat exchanger and want to know who makes the best one. Also I have seen two stage and single stage, what are the diff. and which one would be best. Thanks....

SnakeBite4487

Been Bite Lately?
Established Member
I am looking to buy a heat exchanger and want to know who makes the best one. Also I have seen two stage and single stage, what are the diff. and which one would be best. Thanks....

I went with the dual pass since the stock is basically a single pass. Flows more coolant to keep your charge temps cooler, the cooler your charge temps, means more HP. I went with a Lightning Force Performance dual pass Heat Exchanger. Its a direct bolt in. Uses factory clamps and requires no fabrication. Its simple, i did everything my self. Reasonable price. I would also recommend replacing your Intercooler reservoir while your at it since you have to drain it anyway to replace the Heat Exchanger. Holds twice as much coolant at least over stock. Not to mention they look nice too. I also went with the LFP for that as well. PM me with your emai address if you want to see after install pics.

Last edited:

SlowSVT

Established Member
I went with the dual pass since the stock is basically a single pass. Flows more coolant to keep your charge temps cooler, the cooler your charge temps, means more HP. I went with a Lightning Force Performance dual pass Heat Exchanger. Its a direct bolt in. Uses factory clamps and requires no fabrication. Its simple, i did everything my self. Reasonable price. I would also recommend replacing your Intercooler reservoir while your at it since you have to drain it anyway to replace the Heat Exchanger. Holds twice as much coolant at least over stock. Not to mention they look nice too. I also went with the LFP for that as well. PM me is you want to see after install pics.

What makes you think a dual pass flows a larger volume of coolant than a single pass? :dw:

All a dual pass radiator is is two smaller single pass radiators in series. A single pass will have twice the cross section and less restriction on the pump.

SnakeBite4487

Been Bite Lately?
Established Member
What makes you think a dual pass flows a larger volume of coolant than a single pass? :dw:

All a dual pass radiator is is two smaller single pass radiators in series. A single pass will have twice the cross section and less restriction on the pump.

I was meaning, in general, flows more coolant than the stock cooler. I was trying to keep it as simple an explanation as possible. Your absolutly correct on your explanation.

sprstr1000

WHIPPLECHARGED
Established Member
I went with the dual pass since the stock is basically a single pass. Flows more coolant to keep your charge temps cooler, the cooler your charge temps, means more HP. I went with a Lightning Force Performance dual pass Heat Exchanger. Its a direct bolt in. Uses factory clamps and requires no fabrication. Its simple, i did everything my self. Reasonable price. I would also recommend replacing your Intercooler reservoir while your at it since you have to drain it anyway to replace the Heat Exchanger. Holds twice as much coolant at least over stock. Not to mention they look nice too. I also went with the LFP for that as well. PM me with your emai address if you want to see after install pics.

Show all of us the pics! Please!

SilverCobra7

Philippians 4:13
Established Member
AFCO Pro Series...
c6e4d894-1266-2752.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread