What headers to go with??

SnakeBite98

HIGH-REV HORROR
Established Member
hey guys, im gonna be getting a set of headers in the near futur and wanted to hear some opinions. LT's are out because of smog and i have to get my car smogged next july. I was thinking a set of JBA shorties or equal length and since they're in san diego i cn get them fast. Also, i really wanted to get the Bassani Mid-Length but i know they won't pass visual or sniffer but could make some wicked power. Also i know bassani makes shorty and equal lengths also. So my question is.....what makes the most sense to get performance wise?

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
if your getting a shorty - get the cheapest one available. A header is a header, is the 100$ extra really worth 5hp?

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
exactly, cheap, the headers sold on ebay for 160 or whatever are exact replicas of the jba's only they arent stainless, and if your going shorty jba's are going to make the most power, also if you worried about smog with midlengths or something, there is a smog station right next to XMP in mission viejo and that is where they take all their stuff, and they said those guys pass longtube cars all the time

ALLNTRL

Established Member
If your going to spend the money for headers and to have them installed (Big Job) then you want the best available. JBA ceramic coated equal length shorties are the best header you can buy for fit, finish, and power gains on a 96-98 Cobra, no need to look any further. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread