What happens to the passenger in a car that runs from the police?

blackvette101

Established Member
Hey guys I was watching cops the other day and they tried to pull over a car that had a driver with a felony warrant. Anyways when they caught the guy he ran on foot and left his passengers who seemed like they wanted nothing to do with the guy running. They didn't show what happened to the passengers so I was wondering what happens to them? Did they break the law and are subject to arrest and prosecution if they do not have control of the driver?

The reason I ask is because I have been in the passenger seat in cars that have street raced and wondered what would happen if they ran from Law enforcement and got caught.

Or even what happens if it was in a similar situation as on tv where the driver ran even if he was not breaking the law before the chase and the passengers were clueless to it.

Last edited:

Shepp1691

Established Member
Id say nothing, im sure they will hook you and put you in the back of a cruiser while they sort it out, but if you dont run, cant think of any charges for you personally.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Never confess and always deny any criminal activity. Ask for a an attorney at the earliest. It is not an admission of guilt and not an affront to the officer.

just know once read the Miranda rights your words have consequences.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Never confess and always deny any criminal activity. Ask for a an attorney at the earliest. It is not an admission of guilt and not an affront to the officer.

just know once read the Miranda rights your words have consequences.

Miranda wouldn't be necessary for your words to have consequences. They always have consequences, even in situations where Miranda isn't applicable.

On topic, as others have stated..if not involved in any criminal activity, passengers are released, usually after brief detainment.

Users who are viewing this thread