What happens if you get a claim filed on your PayPal but never pay it back?

svtcobra2k3

Established Member
My PayPal account is in negative right now because of an item I sold. I shipped the product, and long story short they received it, opened claim with PayPal, and since I don't have actual proof of delivery, I have a balance of -$507. PayPal is a thief and will ALWAYS side with the buyer. They don't look into any claims!! I don't know what's going to happen from here. I haven't signed onto PayPal for months now. I have a negative on my PayPal balance but what happens if I never pay it off? Is it going to collections and effect my credit? Am I screwed and just have to pay them the money and I lose out just to save my credit score?

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
My PayPal account is in negative right now because of an item I sold. I shipped the product, and long story short they received it, opened claim with PayPal, and since I don't have actual proof of delivery, I have a balance of -$507. PayPal is a thief and will ALWAYS side with the buyer. They don't look into any claims!! I don't know what's going to happen from here. I haven't signed onto PayPal for months now. I have a negative on my PayPal balance but what happens if I never pay it off? Is it going to collections and effect my credit? Am I screwed and just have to pay them the money and I lose out just to save my credit score?

Eventually they kick in and you get a call from a collections agency. I went through a similar situation and was able to receive delivery confirmation from USPS to fix everything because the buyer was trying the exact same thing on me, it's f***ing ridiculous but that's life I guess. Have you tried going through who you shipped through to see if they can look it up?

RGrossman

Established Member
Paypal will eventually goto collections to get it. Did you put in your social security number when you registered? I would remove any bank accounts from your paypal account and get outta there.

I have had several claims filed against me over time. As long as you have a shipping reciept with the proper weights entered and it shows as being delivered, you should not lose the case.

beerformeplz

Kenne Bell Mach 1
Established Member
Pay-pal screwed me like that also, the buyer even left me positive feedback. Then 1 month later my account was negative. No proof of delivery because he already posted the positive saying he recived it, my loss.

NEVER AGIAN

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Don't blame paypal, just pay the extra few $ for delivery confirmation :shrug:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Paypal will eventually goto collections to get it. Did you put in your social security number when you registered? I would remove any bank accounts from your paypal account and get outta there.

wont help, and now it only adds to the fact you look like you are trying to pull a fast one.

I have had several claims filed against me over time. As long as you have a shipping reciept with the proper weights entered and it shows as being delivered, you should not lose the case.

doesnt matter, you could prove you shipped UPS and had insurance, show proof the buyer signed off on it (IE the box was undamaged). Paypal will ALWAYS side with the buyer, because thats the MO they have acquired over the past years due to sellers usually being the ones doing the screwing. Now buyers have turned into the ones doing the screwing, and theres nothing to protect the sellers.

svtcobra2k3

Established Member
God, that sucks. So It will effect my credit score, since they report it to credit agency. So I pretty much have no choice and need to refund the jackass even though he still has my item to save my credit score from having a deficiency on there.... Well guess I'm Shit Outta Luck. This is ****ing Bullshit because now Buyers are scamming the Sellers. And PayPal aint doing anything about it unless you have proof, but what uneducated seller will know that unless they go through it before. Now I know I'll ALWAYS buy Delivery Confirmation when I send shit out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread