What happened to the "Search" button???

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
The quick links are gone too. No more new posts link, which kinda sucks. How long till the new server is up, since I can't search for the thread!!!

Admin

Jack of all trades
Administrator
firemanmike said:
The quick links are gone too. No more new posts link, which kinda sucks. How long till the new server is up, since I can't search for the thread!!!

:poke:

this is the new server :bash:

some of the problems with the site before the upgrade were due to the search feature..

vBulletin's "stock" search capabilities suck for larger boards, and with 5.5 million posts we're pretty large.

There are a few modifications I need to add, to try and improve the search load, once that's done the search will be enabled.

mattb21

Established Member
03CobraConvert said:
Hahaha! Now we can't get mad at people for reposting stuff... they can't search for it! haha.

haha... true, look about 10 threads down and you got the same thread going on :poke:

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
Admin said:
:poke:

this is the new server :bash:

some of the problems with the site before the upgrade were due to the search feature..

vBulletin's "stock" search capabilities suck for larger boards, and with 5.5 million posts we're pretty large.

There are a few modifications I need to add, to try and improve the search load, once that's done the search will be enabled.

Where's SID???

MFE

Established Member
So, uh....where'd the search function go?

There used to be a search button at the top of the forums page. I can't imagine why anyone would not want search functionality, is it gone by mistake?

03CobraDude

Hahaha... this is like... the third thread I've seen on this. And no one can really get mad, because there's no search button, so you can't search for threads about the search button! haha. It's all kind of funny.

I've read taht they took it off to save the server...

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
You don't have to search to see the other 3+ threads on the main page. They removed it for the swap, but they're working on getting it back up.

03CobraConvert said:
He can't... he can't search for the search feature.... that's because there is no search feature.

You could search with your eyes and see the 9 other threads on the front page about it.

RedfireVNM

Ahnald, GET TO THE CHOPPA
Established Member
Euphoric One said:
You could search with your eyes and see the 9 other threads on the front page about it.
thank you...at least 2 others get what i was sayin :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread