what happened to contour.org

mixtape

Established Member
It's been down the last 2 days. I never realized how much I use that site until now :(

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
From my past experience, usually when it happens to CEG its because they let the domain thingy lapse.

mixtape

Established Member
They're working on the problem now. Should be up tomorrow or Friday I hear :banana:

brapple

Established Member
there was some sort of sever failure, not sure when exactly happened and I haven't heard when the site will be back up.

Silver Bullet2

Established Member
Server hard drive threw a main disc bearing. Now getting the 3.0 ba-gillion gigabyte hard drive swap. Sever back together but needs a software tune to run properly.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Server hard drive threw a main disc bearing. Now getting the 3.0 ba-gillion gigabyte hard drive swap. Sever back together but needs a software tune to run properly.

:lol:

it sucks. there's a few peeps ive been waiting to hear back from about some stuff. dont think theyre on here :(

dacker

Established Member
CEG withdrawl is the worse.

Per WorldTour

The server crashed yesterday (Wednesday). we're fixing and upgrading to better one with more bandwidth and larger capacity. be patient

Well as of now the forum possibly will be up on friday.

After a lot of discussion over the last 24hrs it was decided to migrate the site to a new server(more speed, higher bandwidth and way more storage space) at a different host. I purchased all of the new services/hardware use this morning and this afternoon back ups of the old server were being made while the new server is being set up. A huge amount of work is being done by only a couple people so I again ask everyone to be patient.
Mark

Hopefully all goes smoothly and we can get home soon!

Last edited:

brapple

Established Member
CEG withdrawl is the worse.

Per WorldTour

The server crashed yesterday (Wednesday). we're fixing and upgrading to better one with more bandwidth and larger capacity. be patient

Well as of now the forum possibly will be up on friday.

After a lot of discussion over the last 24hrs it was decided to migrate the site to a new server(more speed, higher bandwidth and way more storage space) at a different host. I purchased all of the new services/hardware use this morning and this afternoon back ups of the old server were being made while the new server is being set up. A huge amount of work is being done by only a couple people so I again ask everyone to be patient.
Mark

Hopefully all goes smoothly and we can get home soon!

where did you get that info?

brapple

Established Member
I have my secret sources.:D

Naw they aren't secret, check out the CEG group over at Facebook. WorldTour provided the info there.

ok, I completely forgot that it existed. I'll have to look when I get home from work.

also I just wanted to make sure it was accurate before posting it on NECO as that is where alot of people have ended up.

Last edited:

dacker

Established Member
ok, I completely forgot that it existed. I'll have to look when I get home from work.

also I just wanted to make sure it was accurate before posting it on NECO as that is where alot of people have ended up.

HEY!!! I'm not like that ryanblacksvt guy that just pulls stuff outta his ass!

J/K, I don't blame you for wanting to verify the source, I would to. I have feeling we may not be back up today though :( That's ok, I know Mark is working on it. We're all just running around like lost sheep for now.

Users who are viewing this thread