What happen to Joe???

vicmaster

DOHC 32v 4 door rules!
Established Member
NO. LeoGSVT would post his car up on here, and update us all on what was new with Joe.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
mystic1219 said:
bump. did joe fall off of the earth? I live in Jacksonville and still never see or hear of him anymore??

He probably has a life other than his GT.

skatermckimm

4.6 ohc
Established Member
joe sold the GT, and bought another super car, i believe it was the new lamborghini, that is the word around orlando

stvpee

Established Member
skatermckimm said:
joe sold the GT, and bought another super car, i believe it was the new lamborghini, that is the word around orlando

where did you hear that?? Joe still has the GT, the motor was hurt a few months back and they are awaiting the new one from Al papito. The only other car joe has right now is a BMW M6 and an Acura TL

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Last time I talked to him he was in the midst of either moving or planning to move out of state.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
fr03cobra said:
I saw the car up at hp about 2 weeks ago collecting dust

So was the engine really hurt? I thought it was fully built with all the bells and whistles.

mystic1219

Established Member
I thought Al Papito had built the motor in it already? Did he blow the built motor? I cant belive we arent getting better updates on his car, especially on his site (turbofordgt.com).

rev440

young punk
Established Member
I have a very reliable source.

It split the crank in half while tuning with nitrous about 2 months ago...they got 1453rwhp out of it, and the maf was maxing out...they are upgrading to 5'' intake piping, and are going to get rid of the maf and try and standalone setup. The new motor should be back in the car here soon, and they are also upgrading the trubos to twin PT74's. The plan is to reach 1700rwhp

rev440

young punk
Established Member
Black86 said:
Wow, were they still running the stock crank?? Impressive if so that it held on that long!

Do you know how big the PT 74's are??

PT74's are 74mm which seems hugh for a street car with only 330ci compared to the vipers that are running around with 522ci+ with 76mm. But I dont know a ton about turbos.

stvpee

Established Member
the crank wasnt stock, the motor was fully built by al papito...the motor took tons and tons of everyday beating high rpm pulls, JOE lets anyone and everyone drive the car. No one really knows how the motor failed, but as soon as it did, a new on was already on the way. HP performance is slow as shit, thats why its just sitting there

californiacuda

Established Member
There are a ton of parts for the 4.6, not as many for the 5.4. Last I heard, there were no off the shelf billet cranks for the 5.4. The stock 5.4 crank does not have the center counter weights. Maybe they have had to wait for a custom crank?

mystic1219

Established Member
Last time I saw him run on the streets was at right over 1000hp, I cant wait till its back togeather. Videos do the car no justice, that thing is crazy fast.

Users who are viewing this thread