What got you into a Terminator

Newtermiowner03

Established Member
At the time I started really liking them was around 2007. 9th grade i hadn't even owned my first mustang yet. Now at 25 I've owned 1 foxbody lx, 1 foxbody gt, 1 98 mustang gt, 1 98 cobra, then and finally the terminator (current) I knew I would have one someday but me and my high school best friend would be sitting around his house at night time and I can remember the first time I heard it at like 3am my friend say shhh you hear that? And I listened and inside his house I could here that black on black terminator coming probably 5ish minutes before I saw it. It was in the country of sc but still then when I finally saw it and heard it up close I knew that was gonna be a car I had one day. And fast forward to now. Except mines white lol

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

2003SVTFreak

Established Member
My first 95 mustang gt, then my lightning, and my svt focus . Figured I might as well have a cobra too. So I got lucky and found one. You could say I have a problem that I don't wanna cure.

0651b17335105ca404be3b5bcba9d3f1.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

golfer11689

Established Member
Believe it or not the Cobra was my first Mustang I ever purchased. My first car was a 97 Mercury Cougar and I always followed it up by telling people it had the Mustang engine. Even before that I was riding around with my Dad and we saw a Red convertible driving in front of us, I instantly fell in love before I even heard or drove one. A couple of years ago I finally had the opportunity to buy my own and couldn't pass it up. I didn't even know how to drive stick when I bought it so my Dad had the privelage of driving it back from Wisconsin (lived in IL at the time). We finally got most of the way home and stopped at a rest stop. I had finally had enough watching him in the rear view and told him to give me the keys. I only stalled the car a couple times but it was such a rush I was hooked. Now I just can't wait for the damn winter to end so I can take it out and have some fun!

hotcobra03

Established Member
How we got ours is kinda sad..

Wife worked at Ford Ranger plant Edison nj 2003.

There were posters all over for cobra/mach1/lightning. .

All the guys wanted 1 and talk started..

My wife had sadly gotten an inheritance which allowed us to get into 1..

Gladly we got 1 ...another guy got truck and the rest kept talking

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
This car is my very first mustang, bought it nearly 3yrs ago, In high school my best friend had a 94 GT that's where it all started for me ( I drove a SHO 5 spd at the time) I also signed up here before the purchase as well, everyday on this forum fueled my obsession, I even attended local SVT meets to drool over these cars and learn about them, talked to many owners, I had to have one... love it to say the least worth every penny.

BoostedSVT03

Established Member
I had a few mustangs growing up 91, 95 GT and a 93 Cobra. Had a 03 Lightning daily driver which was the reason for joining SVTP, Ended up crossing over to the dark side and had a 02 SS Camaro until I found a 73 Camaro RS. I loved the 73' but it had a carbureted 327 engine with way too big of a cam, no heat and no A/C. I wanted to convert the car over to a 6.0 or 6.2 LS engine with A/C, and great suspension and brakes. After pricing all I would need I was looking at $18k in parts. (I like to do things right and big).
I always knew the 03/04 Cobras were dollar for dollar the best cars to drive and go fast. The fact that they had a built short block from the factory was even more appealing! I have always liked White and Red Cobras and thats all I ever searched for. Found my Cobra on Ebay w/28k miles and offered the Seller my 73 Camaro on trade. The rest is history.

I do regret letting the 73 go but I think someday these Cobras will be held in the same esteem as the 70 Chevelles and 69 Camaro were (Just not as rare).

Someday I will get another 2nd gen Camaro thats already been setup for ProTouring to add to my collection.

ur bittn

By the snake
Established Member
I actually went to look at the Mach1 and realized that you got a lot more for your money with the Cobra. So I test drove both, and was sold.

Oscar_SVT_Jr

Established Member
My dad brought me I to this world as a ford enthusiast naturally since he had a 1970 Mach 1 build to his liking from the factory.

I had to work my way up to a cobra. First car I bought was a 1984 foxbody then a 1999 cobra. Then a 2014 coyote. Now I sit in my 2003 convertible Sonic Blue Cobra.

Sent from my VS995 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Working at Tasca and seeing the owners car's with Whipple's and then can the Blades video's.... Sold!!!
+1
Those videos pushed the Cobra to legendary status when I was in HS. Factory cars weren't all 600+, 500rwhp with bolts was a beast.

cmac29

Established Member
I had a 85 gt and blew it up when I was 17. Worked out a deal on a new motor and sold the car. Then I got a 96 slomaro z28 and kept getting out run by those still awesome looking 5.0s. So my mom (yes my mom) took my slomaro and I got a deal on a 93 cobra man I loved that car. Then the main seal started leaking on the slomaro so my mom got a 97 cobra. Once I thought her how to actually drive it she loved that car lol. Then I got married sold the cobra to help buy a house but I did pick up a 93 coupe which was a blast to drive with a 150 shot. Then my mom sold me her cobra kinda and gave it to the wife. Then we sold the 97 cobra and got a 2000 gt automatic cuz the wife was tired of clutches lol. The came kids so the gt got traded for a new 03 altima and that was the first time I saw a terminator when we were looking for her another car. In 04 I heard that cobras were going away and I knew I had to get one. I had got a motorcycle during that time and a nissan truck. So I convinced the wife in 05 that they were never making cobras again and if she was cool with me getting one we would get her a new escape. Not sure why but she loved those little suvs and my daughter had just been born in 04. So I sold a 351 stroker I was gonna put in my 93 coupe and a t trim vortec with canfield heads 205 160 valves 1.7 roller rockers. Sold all that got the wife a new Ford Escape and drove my little truck til I found my terminator. Had 16k on it when I got it in 05 and it was pullied with a K&N and exhaust. Drove to Cincinnati OH to get it and the rest is history. Year later my son comes along we sell the escape for a mini van and I have had my 03 ever since. The wife has had like 2 other new cars just bought her an Acura last year (have family that owns dealerships) and of course they did start the shelby. I don't see me ever getting rid of my 03 but I am thinking hard about a 2014 gt500. I also still have the nissan and drive it everyday lol.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
In high school i had a 95 GT with lots of basic bolt ons. My freshman year of college was 2002 and i remember sitting in my dorm watching videos of them on the street, BLADES comes to mind. I loved my pushrod cammed GT but i knew someday i would have one. I had to wait 8 years but i finally got my low mile bone stock SB Cobra. Its not too bone stock anymore.

jrichber

browser
Established Member
Right out of high school picked me up a 95 Mustang GTS, after breaking the input shaft in the tranny I decided it was time to pull the motor and go with a 347. While I started putting my 347 together a video came on youtube of a black KB cobra and I just watched that video over and over. Fast forward 2 years my 347 was a large disappointment and the T5 just couldnt handle it. So decided I am tired of sticking money into it, and it was time to move to a cobra.

Decided I was going to get either a Redfire or SB vert. Ended up finding a Redfire at a dealership 6 hours away, grabbed a buddy and went and got it, smiling from ear to ear whole way home. About a year later at the Sturgis Mustang Rally saw a Mystichrome pull up next me and could not believe the color in person. Talked to the wife and decided to sell the RF for a new house with the 1 stipulation that in 2 years I am buying a MC. After looking for a MC vert for a few months found an all stock one for a good price but just wasnt what I was looking for. (Really wanted an aftermarket SC) As I was breaking down to purchase the plane ticket for the stock one, up popped another with a Whipple/lowered/rims/etc. Almost exactly what I wanted. Next week plane ticket bought. Followed by a 25 hour drive home. Car still makes me grin every time I open the door to the garage.

stangfreak

Established Member
I remember going back and fourth between a 03 saleen and the 03 cobra. My buddies and I were watching videos online. The cobra just came out and people were putting videos up. I remember watching evil cartmens video doing passes on the street. I think if I remember correctly, I was also watching blades' videos. I dont think I owned my car when watching blades. At first I was like that supercharger sound is annoying lol. Then I fell in love.

started hanging out on deer park avenue here on long island and started seeing cobras roll in the lot. First time I saw the motor and the supercharger I was like holy shit. The motor and blower looked huge! I was 21 at the time. saw more cobras at mustang magic. I finally broke down and bought one.

14 years later, here I am, 5 or 6 supercharger swaps later, 15,000 miles on the car with over 700rwhp, here I am lol

coremaster21

Established Member
I was always into 1/18th scale diecast cars as a little kid (still am) so I had a good little collection going and one day at Costco in the toy section Maisto had a display up with about 4 pallets filled with just model cars, I was pretty much in heaven. I saw a black terminator coupe that I just had to have. So I begged and begged my Mom for it, she finally gave in, I think it was like $20 at the time and I wish I could go back and buy every single terminator diecast car there so I could sell them now but that is beyond the point. Long story short ever since that day I was just obsessed with the look of them and once I started getting older I started watching 03/04 cobra videos on YouTube and every time I heard that supercharger whine I would smile from ear to ear and I just knew I had to get one. The terrible thing is I had this weird infatuation of putting my toys in my Dad's vise because I thought it was fun to crush them and and break them (I was like 10 at the time, trust me I am ashamed about it) and so yes I crushed the black 03/04 cobra diecast car lol and here are some pictures of how it looks today.
:(
35fcdcf20e16d5a550a92d63ff6c8360.jpg
96db9e7257141b106493450f21497a08.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
One ride in a vert with OR Bassani X, magnapacks and a 2.76 pulley. Instantly hooked. Started looking that day when I got home

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
For me, I didn't buy my first Mustang until late 2004. I was stationed at Dover AFB, DE and a buddy of mine had just bought a silver '02 GT 6 spd. After a ride in it I was sold so I happened to find an exact replica of his, even down to damn near the same mileage, there in Dover.

I kept it for a couple of years before getting into my first SVT, a '00 Lightning, which I loved even more than the GT. Since I now had an SVT product, I had to join an SVT forum, which led me here in 2006. That is when I learned about the '03/04 Cobra and how much potential they had, similar to the Lightnings, with just minor bolt-ons.

Sometime in late 2006 I was driving up to meet my gf (now wife) in Tyler, TX and just happened to stop at a red light next to a Toyota dealership. I looked across the intersection at the line of cars on display and noticed the fat front end of a Redfire '03 Cobra. After telling the gf I was going to be late, I stopped in to speak with a salesman about trading. All it took was 5 seconds of a test drive and I was hooked. I gave the salesman my offer, he refused, so I gave him my number and left to go meet my gf. About 4 hours later he called and asked if I was still in town, 2 hours after that I was driving back to Houston in my first '03 Redfire.

Since then I've had 3 x '03 Cobras, 1 x '04 Mach 1, 1 x '06 Z06, 1 x '10 GT500, 2 x 350Zs, 2 x Gen 2 Lightnings, even an '85 SVO. The Terminators are my all-time favorite, which is why I still have one.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I was always into 1/18th scale diecast cars as a little kid (still am) so I had a good little collection going and one day at Costco in the toy section Maisto had a display up with about 4 pallets filled with just model cars, I was pretty much in heaven. I saw a black terminator coupe that I just had to have. So I begged and begged my Mom for it, she finally gave in, I think it was like $20 at the time and I wish I could go back and buy every single terminator diecast car there so I could sell them now but that is beyond the point. Long story short ever since that day I was just obsessed with the look of them and once I started getting older I started watching 03/04 cobra videos on YouTube and every time I heard that supercharger whine I would smile from ear to ear and I just knew I had to get one. The terrible thing is I had this weird infatuation of putting my toys in my Dad's vise because I thought it was fun to crush them and and break them (I was like 10 at the time, trust me I am ashamed about it) and so yes I crushed the black 03/04 cobra diecast car lol and here are some pictures of how it looks today.
:(

Same here, when I see how much those $13 Maisto models are going for now on eBay, I wish I had cleaned the shelves of them at Sam's Club.

Users who are viewing this thread