What fuel system?

04torchred

Established Member
There are too many options. I dont really care about sumping a tank. I just want what will support 800-1000hp and dont need to worry about it. It seems like externals are cheaper due to not buying a fuel hat.

When you go return(no matter if you use external pumps or intank pumps) you no longer need the FPDM(you can toss that away).

You can see the large power wire in my engine bay picture, that is power wire running to my trunk for the fuel pumps. You just wire up your new intank or external pumps with relays and bypass the FPDM all together. Its very very easy.

The sumped tank I bought from Glenns is $460 now. I can run it to almost empty with no fuel slosh or problems, its working great thus far.

NeverFastEngh

Established Member
So the majority vote is to go return style? Other than the pumps is there any difference between the cobra tank and GT tanks? I can sump a GT tank and use it right?

TRBO VNM

if you want to sump a tank fine. if not and stick with internal, I would stay with the terminator for baffles.

Goodlife

Established Member
Im running dual walbros similar to his tri-walbro setup. Mine is all with braided line and mounted behind the rear bumper. I am at 620s at the wheels and I have more fuel if needed. The tri-setup above will support well over 1k hp at the wheeils.
Those walbros are a factory design with highly increased flow output and can run all day no prob. (unlike the aeromotive), and can run up to 5 minutes pumping no fuel. (Fuel being what the walbros use to cool themselves when in use.)

04torchred

Established Member
Can i use dual or tripple walbros as externals but still have a returnless system? Has anyone done that?

No those pumps are meant to push and run full out. Having the fuel dead head would cause the pressure to spike because they are running wide open, you would wreck the pumps. If you want to stay returnless and run 3 pumps get the Ford GT pumps and the FORE fuel hat.

Personally I wouldn't do it.

Woodys2000

Run 9's or STFU
Established Member
When running a return style you don't run FPDMs, but from the little I know about both setups is this, return style plus is that the fuel not being used gets dumped right at the pump instead of going all the way through the fuel system and getting heat from the engine bay via the fuel rails being hot, so on a returnless system your fuel is cooler and thus producing some gains. However it is also a little more difficult to tune being as the fuel spikes on higher HP cars.

Return style you are able to keep a constant fuel pressure as the pumps are wide open all the time. Thus allowing a tuner to tune your car with out the worry of fuel pressure spikes/drop. Now this is how I understand it, not that by any means I am an engineer. So if I'm wrong PLEASE DON'T HOLD YOUR TONGUE. I want to learn too.

Users who are viewing this thread