What fuel system to buy

2000 gt

Established Member
Hey guys. My 99 cobra is almost done with my engine rebuild. My fuel system is pretty much stock except 60 lbs injectors and twin terminator pumps. I'm lookin to go e85 and lethal has what they call a budget kit for 1600 dollars and is capable of 1000 hp they say. Is this a good kit. Does it come with everything I need. Should I be lookin somewhere else. Do I need a 03-04 cobra tank? Any help is appreciated

03Cobranator

Established Member
Ive Heard nothing but amazing things about the Fore system and a quick call to them and they will tell you exactly what kind of system will best suite your car. Thats what i suggest although im sure they are rather similar.

378wby

Established Member
I purchased my return style fuel system from blow by racing and have been nothing buy satisfied. They offer a full Jackal system for 1500 using nothing by top shelf components (Aeromotive fuel pump, rails ,fittings, regulator...........etc). Mine was for a 2012 boss. I'm pretty sure they could whip something together for your car as well. They were great guys to work with.

2000 gt

Established Member
Ok I'm gunna look into that set up. How much did u guys spend on that setup. Are u guys running e85. What size injectors. Thank for the help

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Hey guys. My 99 cobra is almost done with my engine rebuild. My fuel system is pretty much stock except 60 lbs injectors and twin terminator pumps. I'm lookin to go e85 and lethal has what they call a budget kit for 1600 dollars and is capable of 1000 hp they say. Is this a good kit. Does it come with everything I need. Should I be lookin somewhere else. Do I need a 03-04 cobra tank? Any help is appreciated

Just wanted to pop in and clear up any confusion you have regarding our systems as well as answer any other questions you may have.

The first thing is to figure out what your goals are. I see you're wanting to go E85 which is awesome. So my question to you is how much power would you like to support on E85?

That's going to tell us which exact system fits your specific needs. So let me know what your plans for the car are and I'll help you choose the correct system for that application.

Regarding the systems we offer the entry level system is the Budget return system. That system uses an aftermarket hat, stock lines, stock filter, stock rails, aftermarket regulator and return line.

We offer the kit with the GSS342 pumps standard with the option to run 340's, 400lph and 465lph pumps. In your case if you'll be running E85 I'll recommend you to use the GSS342's, Stryker 340's or the 465's. I don't recommend the 400's anymore for E85 as Walbro says they aren't compatible with Ethanol or covered under any type of warranty when used with Ethanol. Now based on the HP you're looking to support will determine which pump I'll end up recommending.

Then we offer our complete systems which range from 850rwhp-1400rwhp (Numbers based off of gasoline).

The complete kits use the aftermarket hat, lines, filter, rails, regulator and return line. The only thing different between all of those kits are the pumps they use. Again based on what HP level you're looking to support we will choose the correct pump for that specific application.

As to the hat it will work in your 99 Cobra tank. The only thing that we recommend though is to keep 1/2 tank of fuel in the car when driving it hard so you don't starve the pumps under heavy acceleration. The reason for this is that the GT/99-01 Cobra/Mach1 tank don't have as good of a baffle system as the 03-04 Cobra tank does. With that said if you can get a Cobra tank or would like to purchase a Glenn's 03/04 style tank it would be the better choice but isn't necessary.

Lastly,
Since you have a 99 cobra you'll also need to purchase the level sender bracket we sell. This will allow you to use your stock 99 cobra level sender with the hat without having to purchase the 03/04 cobra level sender ($100+).

Once you let me know more about what HP level you're looking to support I'll reply. If you have any other questions you'd like answered feel free to ask.

Thanks, Jared

2000 gt

Established Member
Thanks Jared. I'm lookin to support a good amount of power. My vortech has a 20 psi pulley on it so I'm thinking ill make any where from 650 to any where in the 700 hp range with the e85 Do your kits come with injectors and the lines? Thanks Jared

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thanks Jared. I'm lookin to support a good amount of power. My vortech has a 20 psi pulley on it so I'm thinking ill make any where from 650 to any where in the 700 hp range with the e85 Do your kits come with injectors and the lines? Thanks Jared

To support 700rwhp on E85 you'll need enough fuel supply for 1000rwhp on gasoline. With that said it puts you into the category of the 1000rwhp system however my suggestion would be to go straight to the 1400rwhp system as that will not only allow you to safely support the 700rwhp range on E85 but also gives you plenty of room to grow. The 1000rwhp kit will get you by but I take the stance of it's better to have more then to just have enough to get by. The price difference from the 1000 to 1400rwhp kit is very justifiable in this case so that's what I'd recommend.

The good thing about the 1400rwhp kit is that it comes with the Walbro 267 pumps which are completely compatible with Ethanol based fuels and will be covered under warranty by Walbro if failure occurs.

Our kits come complete with the hat, lines, filter, fittings, regulator, rails, wiring, installation instructions and a diagram on how the system should be installed. The only thing our kits do not come with are injectors.

For the injectors you can run the 80's but the 105's or ID1000's would be the better bet as the 80's will be at their max at the 700rwhp range on E85.

If you have any other questions or need assistance placing an order please feel free to give us a call.

Thanks, Jared

Lethal Performance 99-04 SN95 1400+rwhp Return Style Fuel System - Lethal Performance Fuel Systems - Fuel Systems - Fuel Delivery - 03-04 SVT Cobra

lp-sn951200hp_4_1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread