what fluids to change at 30,000 miles?

antiv6

Established Member
My car is just about at 30,000 miles and I was wondering what fluids/maintenance should be done to it. Transmission fluid, radiator fluid, differential, etc..?:beer:

antiv6

Established Member
Also id like to make note that it didnt really say in the manual I have in my car, it stated what fluids are needed but not when it was recommended to change them.

WildFifty

Established Member
My car is just about at 30,000 miles and I was wondering what fluids/maintenance should be done to it. Transmission fluid, radiator fluid, differential, etc..?:beer:

Mine too, just thought about this last week.
What do we need guys?

That is hilarious, i just hit 30k miles last week too!

I am planing on changing the coolant and IC coolant. Im going to be doing clutch since my throwout bearing is noisy during the winter, so i will be taking care of my trans fluid. if you guys have a pullied or ported eaton you might want to check and change its oil. im also going to be bleeding my brakes and checking the steering fluid.

HoosierDave

My other car is 03 Cobra
Established Member
Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
Change everything.
Radiator Coolant.
Intercooler coolant.
Brake fluid flush.
Engine oil & filter.
Trans fluid.
Diff oil.
And squirt some grease into the fittings that you installed when you put in Bruce's bushing kit.

Did I forget anything?

Yes, supercharger oil too.

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
I do the 30k service at the dealership all the time. We offer the service for $349. According to Ford, it includes:

tire rotate
brake inspection
full suspension/driveline inspection and grease bushings
fuel filter
air filter
pcv (if needed)
trans flush
coolant flush
oil and filter change
inspection of belts and hoses
coolant pressure test/leak check

At 30k, I wouldn't worry about the coolant unless you just want to change it. In 02, ford went to the gold coolant which is good for 100k miles.

Last edited:

greengt88

Established Member
Yep everything. I just hit 30k also. I did fuel filter,eaton oil and trans fluid @ 20k, and need to do them all again soon.plan to do those every 10k. Just also cleaned air filter, had brakes re-done about 3k, int. Cooler and radiator was just done in august. I used distiled water, and new mc gold coolant and water wetter, did reische thermo. Then too. Runs cool as heck. Switched to amsoil also this time around. Had oil and power steering fluid done as well. Used royal purple for sterring fluid. I needed about 2.5qts, glad I bought 3. I still need to do the diff. Waiting for FTBR bushings and a True Trac for that though.

SlowLNF

Established Member
I do the 30k service at the dealership all the time. We offer the service for $349. According to Ford, it includes:

tire rotate
brake inspection
full suspension/driveline inspection and grease bushings
fuel filter
air filter
pcv (if needed)
trans flush
coolant flush
oil and filter change
inspection of belts and hoses
coolant pressure test/leak check

At 30k, I wouldn't worry about the coolant unless you just want to change it. In 02, ford went to the gold coolant which is good for 100k miles.

I should probably go up to Ford in the Spring. My car is at 80k miles :(

I've only owned it for 10k of those miles though and supposidly Ford did all needed maintenance on it before I bought it however My factory boost gauge has not worked since I purchased the car, I had to have the Intercooler pump replaced within 1k miles, the spark plugs were gapped at .6!!!!, and they overfilled the trans fluid.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
Wow I'm at 50k miles today. I drive it like it should be driven too! But I would atleast do a tranny and coolant system at the least.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
I might be leery of Ford burping the car properly, if you do go with a flush that is

i'm leery of me burping it properly, which is why i'll pay for it to be done...atleast there would be some liability if they F'd it up
but hopefully they'd let Lstruck03 do it, he works there

rideelement247

Established Member
Rather than buy a kit for the S/C oil just get a turkey baster or some type of suction bulb and attach to airline tubing you can get at a fish store (small size obviously. Just create a vacuum. Stick the tubing in and suck the bulb and then yank the bulb off. Obviously the line has to be in the oil and the bulb lower than the hole to achieve suction. Don't forget to bring a towel!

Also something not mentioned is powersteering fluid. I'll swim upstream with salmon on this issue, but I picked my car up last week w/ 46k miles and checked all my fluids I could see minus changing everything everyone already mentioned. Power steering fluid looks like rust-blood diarrhea. Not clear at all, just a murky red-brown. Check yours, cause I know mine is getting changed. No issues so far, but better safe than sorry. Lots of people never ever ever ever change the PS fluid, but hey, all fluids get beat to sh!t over time.

Users who are viewing this thread