What first?

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
The only issue with that is I have a pretty steep driveway. Is there a spring to make a better stance but still leave me some good clearance in the front?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Looked up the stifflers fit system and the MM tower brace. If I did the Ford racing diff cover when I change the fluid would that negate the need for the IRS brace?

I have the Fit system on my car and love it. I noticed a difference even with being a coupe. And the jacking rails are awesome. The only "con" was I had to get creative when running my fuel lines as there wasn't enough room between the floor and web bracing for the lines to fit.

If you have the FRPP cover you don't need the brace. I've had both and I think the cover is worlds better.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
H&R race springs are the crowd favorite. I've got them with the top and bottom isolators installed. No real clearance issues unless you're talking pretty damn steep. Angle shots are necessary on occasion. However, H&R makes/made a sport spring I believe that doesn't drop quite as much. Some folks have cut stock coupe springs as well.

Yes, getting the Ford Racing diff cover would override the need for the IRS brace.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
My cart on lethal is looking pretty expensive lol. Might have been better off getting a car with some of this stuff done instead of a stocker. My thinking was it wouldn't have been abused as much.

01yellercobra

Established Member
No matter what you bought, you'd end up changing it anyway. One of the reasons I bought my car was because it checked off the boxes at the time. Yeah, I've changed 90% of the parts that checked those boxes I think.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Something I noticed today. With everything appearing to go sideways (no pun intended), blowers like the 2.3 and 2.9 are labeled 50 state/Carb legal on Whipples website for the 03/04's

Over on Lethal Performance, you go to order a 3.4 for a Shelby, they require a VIN to complete the order.

Anyways, just worth mentioning depending on where you may find yourself later
Screenshot_20210320-000833_Chrome.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Venom351R

Established Member
Something I noticed today. With everything appearing to go sideways (no pun intended), blowers like the 2.3 and 2.9 are labeled 50 state/Carb legal on Whipples website for the 03/04's

Over on Lethal Performance, you go to order a 3.4 for a Shelby, they require a VIN to complete the order.

Anyways, just worth mentioning depending on where you may find yourself laterView attachment 1694990

Feels a little sketchy having to put in your VIN to order something like that. I plan on buying a bigger blower in the near future but I plan on going through other people who can get these same things for a cheaper price other than directly from lethal or other sites. Hopefully I can avoid that whole VIN submission thing.

shurur

Established Member

Anyways, just worth mentioning depending on where you may find yourself laterView attachment 1694990

Wow..this needs to be posted up in the roadside pub section!!

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member
H&R race springs are the crowd favorite. I've got them with the top and bottom isolators installed. No real clearance issues unless you're talking pretty damn steep. Angle shots are necessary on occasion. However, H&R makes/made a sport spring I believe that doesn't drop quite as much. Some folks have cut stock coupe springs as well.

Yes, getting the Ford Racing diff cover would override the need for the IRS brace.
The sport springs are lower than the race. The race springs have more aggressive rate. At least that's how it used to be. Put mine on in 2006.

nmerrill

Established Member
Congrats! Mine is on the truck from Florida! I already purchased a used 2.4 KB locally, really looking forward to installing it.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I personally would buy from other vendors. TRBO VNM or 04SLEEPER can get you almost anything you need. Probably at a better price too.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
First wash and can’t upload photos. Even though they say way smaller then max size. Can I email them to another member in the know on this?

PC03GT

Established Member
First wash and can’t upload photos. Even though they say way smaller then max size. Can I email them to another member in the know on this?
You have to crop the pictures, if you make them smaller they should work

Users who are viewing this thread