What exhaust?

EricfromMO

Established Member
Looking to get some kind of exhaust for my 07 gt over the next week or two. I was thinking borla stingers or magnaflow. what do you all think? I also checked out SLP loud mouth but not sure if i want something that loud.. also where would the best place to get the exhaust from, probably just going with the axle back not the full system.

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
Just play around on YouTube until you find a combo you like.

It's what I did. I spent 2 months trying to find a combo.

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
mac o/r h-pipe with an slp loudmouth II catback would sound good....wouldn't be as loud as the loudmouth I

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ll95-5Ia73Y"]YouTube - O/R Prochamber + SLP Bullit Mufflers Idle Rev[/ame]

You do mean Prochamber, right? Not H-pipe? An off-road H-pipe with SLPs on this car sounds like garbage.

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=pQ6Ymxm1I6o"]YouTube - O/R H + SLP II Bullit Style Mufflers idle rev[/ame]

Here are the mufflers that guy has.
They are welded into the pipes near the middle of the car after the pro-chamber, and just straight piped the rest of the way to the rear of the car.

Last edited:
holy crap i didn't realize they would sound that much different on a 3V....they both sound terrible.

click the link in my sig and that's what my car sounds like with mac o/r h-pipe and flow's.

bone stock

Established Member
best sounding imo, but it also has kooks headers.

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=9_51BaVEYlQ"]YouTube - 2005 Mustang GT exhaust Kooks LT, offroad x & Magnapacks[/ame]

blueovalfan

Established Member
I had magnaflow on my 2000gt, sounded good n deep, awesome at wot. I will never buy anything else.

Had bassani mufflers and o/r x pipe with bbk headers on my 93 gt and it sounded just like every single full exhaust 5.0 on the road. good but not all that great

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
holy crap i didn't realize they would sound that much different on a 3V....they both sound terrible.

click the link in my sig and that's what my car sounds like with mac o/r h-pipe and flow's.

The 3V sounds extremely different than the 2V and 4V. I was wishing I could figure out a way to make mine sound like my '98 once did - off-road H-pipe with a Borla Catback. Or like a 2V or 4V with a mac pro-chamber and borlas. But I haven't found anything that gets near that sound.

A lot of combos that sound good on the older ones sound like crap on the new ones. So people can say they like this and that combo, but unless it was actually on a S197, then that opinion is thrown out the door.

Last edited:

darkhorse276

Established Member
a friend had corsa on his and it sounded pretty nice, but now hes got bassani sidepipes.....amazing

so basically, bassani FTW

Users who are viewing this thread