What exactly does a warning do?

warmaster

Established Member
I got a warning for failure to control speed afew months back, I pulled out of a parking lot sideways and sure enough, red and blue. My question is: What does the warning actually mean, does it go on a record, i was issued a copy of it. Does it mean that if i get pulled over again that i have no more chances?
Thank You

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
A warning is exactly what it means, nothing more-nothing less. The officer apparently felt that it was not to the degree to issue a citation. The warning should have writing on it to explain what it is. Warnings do not go on your record and nor does it mean that if you get pulled over again you will get a citation. Now, if the same officer stops you later and remembers you, your outcome may a little different this time around. Get my drift?

UCNTWIN

Banned
Yea it def doesnt go on your record, I once got pulled over for doing a mild drift in the rain, and the cop wrote me a fix it ticket for bald tires instead, and gave me a warning from my driving etiquette. About a month later I got pulled over for the same thing, this time getting a fix it ticket for no front plate, and he said the warning for exhibition of power will be recorded cuz he inputted my plate or something, *editted by moderator* because as iceman said, they are just verbal warnings.

Last edited by a moderator:

sbro712

Established Member
UCNTWIN said:
Yea it def doesnt go on your record, I once got pulled over for doing a mild drift in the rain, and the cop wrote me a fix it ticket for bald tires instead, and gave me a warning from my driving etiquette. About a month later I got pulled over for the same thing, this time getting a fix it ticket for no front plate, and he said the warning for exhibition of power will be recorded cuz he inputted my plate or something, im sure he was full of shit, because as iceman said, they are just verbal warnings.

Not if he did an FI on you and the car. Then you are in the system as having recieved a warning for your driving habits...I do that if I think the person might not take heed from the warning and to let other officers know you have already been cut a break and are too stupid to learn from it.

GH1086

Established Member
Isn't quite obvious a warning warns you. And in some departments they're recorded into the computer, but not in my department, in fact I don't believe I have ever seen a written warning here.

ElGato

There is no cure
Established Member
I got a (written)warning for tresspassing while I was hanging out w/another board member here...

The officer said
"The warning will be kept on file for one year. If in that time you recieve another warning, the clerk will notice this and a citation will be mailed to you."

...Two grown men hanging out in a parking lot while an entire town's kids are racing each other on the strip :nonono: I do not understand...possibly becuase we were parked and in a well lit area, the LEO saw us as easy prey? :)

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
ElGato said:
I got a (written)warning for tresspassing while I was hanging out w/another board member here...

The officer said
"The warning will be kept on file for one year. If in that time you recieve another warning, the clerk will notice this and a citation will be mailed to you."

...Two grown men hanging out in a parking lot while an entire town's kids are racing each other on the strip :nonono: I do not understand...possibly becuase we were parked and in a well lit area, the LEO saw us as easy prey? :)

No probably because you were TRESPASSING!!!!!!!!

ElGato

There is no cure
Established Member
Well that much was for certain, we didn't have a reason for being there-other than staying off the streets. I most certainly was tresspassing.

I forgot what I was saying... damn, I've hijacked another thread, sorry warmaster...the bunny made me do it....the bunny makes me do everything.

Users who are viewing this thread