What engine / transmission options would you like to see offered in the 2015 Mustang?

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
Keep in mind that this thread is not to speculate on what you think Ford might be releasing in the 2015. I am really interested in what you would like to see, not what you think they might actually produce. If you could have it your way, what would it be?

What I would like to see:

Base model would have a naturally aspirated 3.7 liter V6.

Ecoboost 4 and 6 cylinder motors in an SVO trim level. The Ecoboost 4 would be the entry level SVO, with the EB6 SVO being the higher performance option. Manual tranny only for the EB4, and an option for an automatic in the EB6. I don't know that the EB4 would do as well with an auto, but the EB6 should do fine with one.

Naturally aspirated 5.0 coyote with direct injection for the GT model, with automatic tranny option for all trim and option levels.

Naturally aspirated 5.8 coyote with direct injection for the Boss 351 model. The 5.8 could also be an option for the GT. An automatic option for the Boss. All optons available to order.

Naturally aspirated 7.0-liter with direct injection for an SVT Cobra. Yes, I would love a 427 Mustang Cobra :rockon: An automatic option on this one, as well.

For the top dog GT500: an ecoboost 5.8 Coyote, with an automatic option for those that choose it. That would likely be the rarest option selected, and would likely become the most sought after collectible in the future.

I would also like an option to order a stripper trim level, ala the Fox body, and SN95 era. Maybe call it the GTS.

Last edited:

MoonRider

Established Member
I would like to see a none remote mount transmission also have a option to get a soild rear axle for those of us that drag race.

Users who are viewing this thread