What else would you buy?

Nino S

Established Member
Hey guys I am finally starting to break in my new spec stage 3+ kit and I LOVE THIS CLUTCH!! I am waiting until I get at least 500 miles on it before I throw on the KB and fuel and dyno it. I have a good list of mods on it so far but I have a very nice pile in my garage waiting to be put on. Here is what is currently on the car;

Performance Modifications
- 9” Cone Air filter CAI
- Denso Spark Plugs
- Reichard Racing Ultra Grip 2.8 SC Pulley ~12 pounds boost
- SCT chip
- Billet Flow 4 piece pulley set

Cooling Modifications
- LFP Radiator expansion tank –polished
- LFP Radiator
- AFCO Dual Pass Heat Exchanger
- LFP Intercooler expansion tank –polished
- LFP 180 degree thermostat

Exhaust System
- Borla Stinger Cat back exhaust system
- BBK Off Road X Pipe
- BBK Long Tube Headers
YES THE EXHAUST IS STUPIDLY LOUD!!

Transmission Modifications
- Pro 5.0 Short throw T56 shifter
- Cobra Bob Shifter gasket kit
- LDC Chicago Clutch Free play Correction Kit
- Fiore 96-04 Micro-Click Firewall Adj.& Clutch Quadrant Kit
- SCT stage 3+ clutch and TOB
- Fidenza Fly wheel
- Liberty 26 spline input shaft

Suspension/Rear Modifications
- Billet Flow IRS Brace
- Excessive Motorsport Full Length Sub frame Connectors
- Excessive Motorsport Rear plate/bushings

Thats on the car right now and I this is what I have sitting in my garage;

Waiting to Install

-Kenne Bell 2.6 Blower
-METCO lower pulley (4 lb)
-Twin Ford GT Fuel Pumps
-Siemens 60 lb injectors and harness
-LFP Big air inlet tube –bright silver powder coat
-SCT Big MAF 2800
-Dual Modified FPDM
-BBK twin 65 mm throttle body
-LFP Power Steering reservoir –polished
-NGK TR7 spark plugs

I think that I have pretty much everything covered as far as the fuel system to handle the 650 rwhp goal that I have. The induction and exhaust system is pretty much complete. The big thing that I know that I am lacking is the suspension and the rear. I am just unsure if the mods that I currently have done are going to be able to keep the rear end from coming apart but I really do not have the cash to blow on DSS level 5's right now, and I want to wait to see what these new ones do that are being tested by another company.
Just to hold me over for a while I was thinking of just throwing on some H&R race springs and maybe some MM caster/camber plates. Of course my ultimate goal is a PSR k member with MM coilovers but I only have funds to take it one step at a time.

So what else would you buy? Keeping in mind that I am looking to make around 19-20 psi and hopefully around 620 rwhp. The car is a STREET car and will go down the 1/4 every now and again but it is no where near a track car and I do not want it to be. Tell me if I am missing any big mods that you would use or have on your car or if there is somthing that I really do not need right now and should return. Thanks in advance!!:banana:

Last edited:

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
Damn what else can you do? Get the K member cobra r breaks, and some serious driver mod. Get a set of slicks and take it to the track regardless. You have one hell of a beast.

Nino S

Established Member
Damn what else can you do? Get the K member cobra r breaks, and some serious driver mod. Get a set of slicks and take it to the track regardless. You have one hell of a beast.

Thanks!! It will see a good amount of track time . I have just started to learn the car with 470 rwhp and can shift through the gears really well and now with another 150 rwhp I will have to learn how to drive the car all over again!! I have a feeling that launching this thing on the street is going to be damn near impossible even with DR's.

M240Bravo

Established Member
What about a boosta spark or a boosta pump? Or any gauges? DSS axels? brakes? tublar k-member and a-arms?

And just asking why did you go with a twin blade TB and not a single blade?

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
You have to finish your fuel system off. I recommend the Fore fuel hat set up, with bigger lines and definitely the rails as well since the blower will be off. If you do not want to spend that much on all of this, then you'll still need at least a BAP to finish off your fuel system.

Also, I'd definitely go with a single blade TB. I loved the increased throttle response with mine! Give Lethal or BilletFlow a call and see if the BilletFlow units are still available.

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
What is an "LFP Big air inlet tube"? Sounds like an intake, but I just looked around and didn't see anything like that on their site.

You'd benefit very well from an intake set up with a 12'' filter, whether it be a fender well type or under hood straight shot system.

Stalker27

Established Member
Well you could always send your heads off to Fox Lake and get a stage 2 port job, and while you're at it throw some cams in there. Your car would for sure scream like a raped ape then

Nino S

Established Member
What about a boosta spark or a boosta pump? Or any gauges? DSS axels? brakes? tublar k-member and a-arms?
And just asking why did you go with a twin blade TB and not a single blade?

I am going to order gauges from speedhut and some speed of sound pods. I am not going to do DSS level 5's until I see what happens with this other company that is testing their own. There is a thread in this section about it on the first or second page.
I have a modified dual FPDM from Jared at lethal and I thought that was all I would need besides the other crap listed???? Do I still need a BAP or BAS with a modified FPDM.

I went with the BBK twin TB only bc of the deal I got on it. I grabbed it off craigslist and it was almost brand new for only $120

You have to finish your fuel system off. I recommend the Fore fuel hat set up, with bigger lines and definitely the rails as well since the blower will be off. If you do not want to spend that much on all of this, then you'll still need at least a BAP to finish off your fuel system.

Also, I'd definitely go with a single blade TB. I loved the increased throttle response with mine! Give Lethal or BilletFlow a call and see if the BilletFlow units are still available.

I have kicking the idea back and forth on whether to balls out with FORE hats and rails etc. but for the level that I am going to be at I really do not see spending the extra $1k+ on the extras if they are not a must. That is one thing that I am strongly considering since the blower will already be off.
Twin blade TB just because of price

What is an "LFP Big air inlet tube"? Sounds like an intake, but I just looked around and didn't see anything like that on their site.

You'd benefit very well from an intake set up with a 12'' filter, whether it be a fender well type or under hood straight shot system.

The LFP big air inlet tube is what goes after the MAF to the throttle body. I had it powder coated in silver too.

http://www.lightningforceperformanc...6.html?zenid=a75cad44936b475a703a7728da5df8ee

Well you could always send your heads off to Fox Lake and get a stage 2 port job, and while you're at it throw some cams in there. Your car would for sure scream like a raped ape then

I wish I had unlimited funds to do that but I am just going to wait until the stock longblock blows and then go stroker!!:rockon::rockon:

Thanks for all your input, keep it coming!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread